MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jcw works intake

sorry if this has already been done.

can the new jcw works intake kit be fitted to an otherwise stock ( engine wise ) march 04 cooper s ?
if so what sort of improvements can be expected and for what price £???????

also would it be the new injecters / flap etc or is this only on the jcw 200/210 upgrade ?

looking for a bit more low / midrange throttle response .

steve

and can it be fitted at local dealers ?

·
Keeper of the Golden Pie.
350 Posts
Thinking about this myself.
Talked to JCW a couple of weeks ago, yup, no problem fitting it to standard MCS.
I'm pretty sure he quoted (iirc) a figure of around £295, can't remember if this was with or without fitting & VAT though.

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
You can also check out MotoringFile - the information is for USA but is generally applicable; you can get the intake on its own ("JCW MSC intake kit") which would include the dual air flap, but not the injectors. I would guess a claimed 6-8bhp increase.

·
"Big Munch"
90 Posts
In the USA:

JCW MCS intake kit: 13 72 0 391 513 = $450.00/.75hrs install (this is also included in all kits above)

I will have the Intake installed THIS WEEK on my stock 05 MCS :D :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
When I was at JCW a few weeks ago Mike Cooper quoted a 5bhp gain.

Judging by the breakdown of the prices from when I had the 200 to 210 upgrade I'd say that the £295 should include fitting and VAT.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
RedMini said:
When I was at JCW a few weeks ago Mike Cooper quoted a 5bhp gain.

Judging by the breakdown of the prices from when I had the 200 to 210 upgrade I'd say that the £295 should include fitting and VAT.
Was that with or without the injectors and remap?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I asked my local MINI dealer about this and was told that the air intake was not
available separate and was only part of the kit. This was backed up by e-mail from Mini UK.

Does that mean the JCW garage is bending the rules a little ?

Anyone know what the impact of this mod would be on a BBR 220 converted car ?

Thanks

Perm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Two weeks ago, I bought the Alta, but my dealer said no way

I have a stock (MTH) 2005 MCS. I picked up the JCW airfilter in Battersea from the London dealer. I ordered it over the phone, and it took them two days to receive it. Cost was £275 including VAT, excluding VAT it is £234. I told them I was taking it to my dealer to be installed, and they said no problem.

Anyway, my dealer gave me an appointment for three weeks from now to install. Of course, I could not wait and had a local mechanic who used to work at BMW do the install. They seem to have done a nice job, but I am sure that my flap is not opening at 4500. It is the same sound throughout. I had someone press the accelerator while I stuck my hand carefully in the back to see wht happened. It stays closed. Besides taking it to my dealer, and other ideas as to how to resolve it.

·
cristo
2,851 Posts
check out www.motoringfile.com here's an excerpt

The JCW Do-It-Yourself Upgrade Kit
MF Staff / November 26, 2004 / Permalink / 6 Comments
For those that like to get hands on with their MINI and have the previous John Cooper Works kit for their MCS we now have the official install PDF instructions on the 2005 upgrade kit. The kit retails for $525 and typically requires an hour of dealer labor for the install. You can expect that dealer installation to increase the price by at least $100 when it's all said and done. However even if you do the work yourself the MCS will need to be reprogrammed by the dealer to "activate" the improved injectors. So don't think of this as a huge money saver... it's more of an opportunity to spend some quality time with your car. Grab the PDF below

[ JCW 2005 Upgrade PDF ]

See related stories: "JCW Upgrade"

Skip the parts about the new injectors and the software update, since you're not doing that.
Read over the portion of the pdf that covers the installation of the JCW Intake and
check out yer MCS to see if they hooked it up right. Pages 7 and 8 have the important
stuff about the wiring to the intake from the ecu.

·
luckyMCS
63 Posts
Perm said:
I asked my local MINI dealer about this and was told that the air intake was not
available separate and was only part of the kit. This was backed up by e-mail from Mini UK.

Does that mean the JCW garage is bending the rules a little ?

Anyone know what the impact of this mod would be on a BBR 220 converted car ?

Thanks

Perm

Kit part number is 11.12.0.395.131(with injectors)this kit is for the cars that have already installed 200hp JCW kit,and also needs remaping by MINI dealer. Cost EUR 663+VAT(here in Turkey)without inst.charges.

Intake part number is 13.72.0.391.513(not the kit)this for the cars that don't have JCW 200hp kit,same air filter above(no injectors), don't need remaping,gives extra 5 hp.Cost EUR 543+VAT without inst.charges.Also check MINI international site:

http://www.mini.com/com/en/john_cooper_works/index.jsp

click Product/Model Overview and than MCS

you will see that air filter is separately available for MCS and MCSC,
when u are talking to your local dealer insist that u are right,because it exists mate :)

·
"Big Munch"
90 Posts
I just returned from the BMW-MINI dealer .... YESSS!!!!! HAPPINESS

It works awesome on the STOCK 05 MCS, sounds like a drill, ZZEEEEEEEEEEE, above 4500 RPM

Feels a bit quicker too :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts