MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Several dealers used to do it for just over a grand, don't know if those offers are still around.

It is well worth it if you want a little extra performance and noise from your MCS and it's in warranty. The kit comes with a VIN coded CD specific to your car containing an ECU update which must be installed at the dealer.

If it's not in warranty or has little left then your probably better off spending the cash elsewhere. Personally I would wait to see what 1320 do with their R56 using Mynes software.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Several dealers used to do it for just over a grand, don't know if those offers are still around.

It is well worth it if you want a little extra performance and noise from your MCS and it's in warranty. The kit comes with a VIN coded CD specific to your car containing an ECU update which must be installed at the dealer.

If it's not in warranty or has little left then your probably better off spending the cash elsewhere. Personally I would wait to see what 1320 do with their R56 using Mynes software.

I spoke to my Dealer today, and he said the tuning kit was no longer available for the R56 MCS because dealers were undercutting the recommended price. This made it uneconomical for BMW to supply it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I spoke to my Dealer today, and he said the tuning kit was no longer available for the R56 MCS because dealers were undercutting the recommended price. This made it uneconomical for BMW to supply it.
Sorry incorrect, the JCW tuning kit is available for the pre LCI engines ie 175bhp not 184bhp engines, upto around Feb 2010.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Highly recommended kit though, I've had mine for about 18 months and well worth it.

Good power increase and drivability, good exhaust sound but no drone at speed and full MINI warranty as well, what more could you want?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks MJS......Dose that mean I could still get the kit for my June 07 build MCS ?
Yes, yours would be the earlier kit with the original style JCW badges and exhaust tips

It really is a great kit, my wife has a Cooper S Clubman and its great to compare both back to back and realise how good the kit is. The car feels like it has a sparkle above 4000rpm (similar to my old R53 with smaller supercharger pulley on a cold day)

·
Registered
646 Posts
I noticed that the mpg actually increased by a bit after fitting the JCW tuning kit. Currently running at 35.9 and i don't hang around! The kit gives more driveability and pulls from around 1000rpm instead of around 1500rpm in standard form
I run Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tyres at 35psi (very low rolling resistance) and use tesco 99 fuel

In comparison my wifes Cooper S Clubman is about 33.2 and that is driven less hard with standard 95 fuel

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.