Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a similar problem

I have had my renewal from DL for my insurance on my Mini Cooper S works

Its a staggering £1115 which I am sure could get me into a porsche

I know I live in London and its on the street but thats a big amount

I was told to go to their site and get a quote which I did and came out at £750

Its when I called and told them about the aoro kit and 18 inch R105 wheels that put it up
to the £1115. That means the extras add £ 365 which is nuts

Anyway am looking around for a better quote but any ideas and similar tales ?

regards

Antony

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm surprised DL gave you a quote at all. try Greenlight as thats where I got my quote for my JCW and I have been able to add mods with only a small admin fee charged. Had new wheels etc on and only £25 more. You'll probably get a few hundred quid knocked off that quote, depending on your circumstance of course;)
By the way, greenlight quoted me a lot less than other insurers and are mod friendly

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Adrian Flux...and where it says 'where did you hear about us', if you click on 'modified car club' you should get a good quote....

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
Really?

Only Flux have just quoted me £600 for my *current* MCS - which is 6 years old, worth about 5k TOPS, and I'm over 35 with 10+ years of NCB.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Same here. I'm with DL and they have quoted me an extra £300 for my JCW aero kit on my 2008 Cooper D.

Scandalous!

·
Hmmmmm
237 Posts
Same here. I'm with DL and they have quoted me an extra £300 for my JCW aero kit on my 2008 Cooper D.

Scandalous!
I was with DL for about 10 years until March when I bought my 'S' Works - I'm 37 and their quote was absurd. Needless to say I left and am now with Adrian Flux as a broker (actually insured through Norwich Union). I got side-swiped by a lorry about a month ago and I have to say Adrian Flux and Norwich Union were both superb in dealing with the accident. The other party admitted full liability and it was fixed at BMW Sytner Bodyshop (Oldbury) a few weeks ago.

Andrew

·
MCS & Cobra 427
46 Posts
Try Bell Insurance - I worked out a quote for myself which was significantly cheaper than most other sites : Cooper S with JCW Aero & r105s, only £500 (full NCB, 1 accident, 43 yrs, living in Reading). I posted some stuff about insurance here to "maximise" the best quote:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/finance-insurance/158327-interesting-car-insurance-tips.html

Adding the JCW was only putting up the price about 5-10% above this.

cheers

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts