MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In an attempt to keep everyone up to date...

The date: Saturday, June 4tth, 2005
The place: The Cracker Barrel in Hamburg, PA
The time: 10:00am (driver's meeting at 9:55am)
This run will be limited to 45 cars and we will split into three groups so there is less time spent waiting to regroup.

Additional Jim Thorpe info: http://millpondminis.com/JT.htm

Directions to the Cracker Barrel:
- I-78 West to exit 29B for Rt. 61 N toward Pottsville
- Right at first light after ramp (Jetson Dr)
- Bear right after the gas station on your right and follow that road to the Cracker Barrel

I've moved the starting time a bit earlier so that we can get to Jim Thorpe a little earlier, before all the interesting attractions in the town close for the day.

There will be some changes this time...
1. There will be no poker run.
2. Our lunch stop will be a picnic/BBQ at our first stop from last year's run (there will be no stop at Leiby's for ice cream, though we will still have Leiby's ice cream available :D )

The BBQ lunch will be approx. $5.00 per person (hot dogs, hamburgers, soda, chips, ice cream, etc). I will need to know ahead of time who is interested in the BBQ lunch so I can purchase the food. I'll be collecting the money the day of the run for those who have signed up for the lunch. If the BBQ doesn't interest you, feel free to bring your own lunch.

What you need to bring:
1. Two way radio
2. Full tank of gas (you can top off near the starting point)
3. Approx. $5.00/person if interested in the BBQ. Exact price subject to change as I begin to calculate the total for everything.
4. Folding chair if you want to sit during lunch. There will be some chairs available but I can't supply enough to seat everyone!

This event is still months away so if you're interested in attending, please give a shout out. There are bound to be a few drop outs as the day gets closer and people's schedules change.

Confirmed so far:
1. Jerseygirl
2. Maxamini
3. silver02cooperS
4. Pocket Rocket
5. NoNo
6. Pipe
7. nightrider824
8. Miniata
9. Maganoo
10. GMINI
11. Herbie-53-guy
12. GMINI03
13. paulgraz
14. olerud400
15. theakston
16. Bill P.
17. jfleischer
18. jcav
19. jean-ji
20. Minizilla
21. tontobird
22. cycleguru
23. brgtr4
24. BandD
25. Ducttape
26. Karen A.
27. tkd7
28. Buzzy
29. htrout13
30. Coopergirl
31. Allan
32. Minitothemax
33. ThaMike
34. Danielle L.
35 benzamg
36. ZipZap
37. Rollseboy
38. Deana
39. sdmidget
40. Nicole S.
41. geowit
42. davelor
43. Applecello
44. thebaron
45. Minicooperboi

Stand-by:

A reminder: If you find that you won't be able to make this run, PLEASE let me know ASAP. There are other people interested in joining us if a spot opens.

New Info (4/14/05):

JTR2 shirts, etc. are now available from Cafe Press:
Jim Thorpe II Cafe Press Store - [url="http://www.cafepress.com/jtr2"]www.cafepress.com/jtr2[/url]

There is no mark-up on anything. You pay Cafe Press's base cost.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thanks Robyn! I'm glad you've posted this info over here because the last Jim Thorpe run was such a fantastic time - it's good for everyone to see that you're up to it all again with a few little twists. ;) :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we had to have room for you. My mom loves orange and she'll get a kick out of seeing your new convertible.

·
Bringing Love to MINI2
19,214 Posts
Well, I'd really like to co-pilot this one. There are so many of you going that I have wanted to meet. I'm located just across the river from New Hope PA, so if someone could manage to pick me up, I'd be grateful. I'm good company. lol :D

Also, I have a spare room in my apartment, so if there are some who are travelling a distance, I'd be glad to put you up for the night before or after the run. Hey, if we get a nice crowd, I'd even make a dinner party out of it. :D

I posted this on NEMINI as well.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You know - great minds do truly think alike, ruthie! Just the other day when I saw you over on the Let it Snow thread, me thought to myself: "Gee, I wonder if ruthie might like to join us for some ice cream on the Jim Thorpe run?" :D

Ed, who is May? :green: :red: :green:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I know it's below freezing outside but, mmmmm..... ice cream. :D It's just too bad we won't be able to get the Belgian waffles to go under that ice cream in June. Such is life.

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
ontheroadagain said:
You know - great minds do truly think alike, ruthie! Just the other day when I saw you over on the Let it Snow thread, me thought to myself: "Gee, I wonder if ruthie might like to join us for some ice cream on the Jim Thorpe run?" :D

Ed, who is May? :green: :red: :green:
I think I meant to type Mart and I. I have a great mind too BB. I thought that Ruthie should come and ride a few miles with OTRA. This is going to be great.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So can I finally get one of those little ducks that everyone else has? Nittany is feeling very left out! ;)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Ed, I know you have a great mind and an even greater imagination - speaking of ducks coming to Jim Thorpe and hostels and such. And Robyn, I'm sure Ed will bring you one of his flock - since he likes to spread the joy. Personally, I'd like to have a pirate duck, myself. :D Though, for the Jim Thorpe run perhaps a Native American or football theme would be better for you? ;)

Ruthie can definitely ride with me and Mr. OTRA. Mr. OTRA will probably be driving since I will be nursing a hurt wing still, though by then one hopes the rotator cuff will be healed. Going under the knife the day before St. Paddy's. :eek:

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
I'm back in town MINI'ies!

Back from a forced week on a ship with wife and family. I know, tough job, but someone had to do it. I did see a MINI as soon as I got off the boat in Tortuga, and I started screaming on the street corner, but other than that, it has been a LONG week.

I see I came back to snow. About to head off to work, WITH THE TOP DOWN!

Now, let's get back to some serious MINI event planning again

d

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank goodness! Life can go on. Ducttape is home again. ;) :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, I've decided to increase the number of cars for this run to 30, so that means our three stand-bys are now included and there are two remaining spots open. Let's see how quickly they get filled.

25 just didn't divide well by two so I opted to go for 30. (Forgive me. I'm an engineer. Math is not my strong suit.
)

If we hit 30, I will start another stand-by list. By the time June rolls around, I'm sure some people's schedules will probably change and there will be an opening or two.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BREAKING NEWS:

I have been contacted by the organizer of a new MINI group out in the Reading, PA area. They are interested in joining in the run. Not wanting to leave the "locals" out in the cold, I got busy.

Having been granted the use of a third BBQ grill for the event, and having found a volunteer to lead group #3 (thanks again Pipe), I'm happy to announce that this run will be increased to 45 cars.

That means our two stand-bys are now officially included in the run and we already have two people signed up from Reading.

There are now 11 spots still up for grabs.

I'm just hoping I'm not overestimating how much food we can crank out on 3 grills...

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
In addition to horseshoe tossing and hot dog stuffing, will there be a MINI-flying event?

(Can't you just see Tatoo saying "Da MINI, Da MINI"?)

Robyn, I rescued you banner, AND, had Annette snap two pictures of us with it. I will send them to you probably by the weekend

d

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DUCTTAPE said:
In addition to horseshoe tossing and hot dog stuffing, will there be a MINI-flying event?
Ordinarily I'd say yes, but my dad might not appreciate the resulting damage to his grass. Now of course, what you do on the public roads is entirely up to you. ;)

Thanks for saving my banner. I wondered if it had survived...

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Jerseygirl said:
Thanks for saving my banner. I wondered if it had survived...
you are most welcome. While I will say it wasn't the first thing I went back in there for, it was on the list.

And, you could have asked. David and his Amazing Flying MINIs are tough skined. You wouldn't have hurt my feelings

d

1 - 20 of 24 Posts