MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

JCW have released details about next years John Cooper Challenge. In a change from previous years there will be no hillclimbs or sprints, just circuit races. The calendar is made up of six weekends, all of which are double headers. The 12 round Championship will be supporting the F3 & GT series. Once again the Championship will receive extensive TV coverage on Sky Sports. A provisional calendar has now been published (see post #5). Venues include:

Goodwood (press day only)
Donington
Croft
Thruxton
Castle Combe
Mondello Park
Silverstone (International)

The Cooper S's are going to be upgraded to the JCW 210bhp conversion. The Club Class will have the option of specifiying a John Cooper Motorsport rear wing, and both S's and Clubs can fit a racing steering wheel.

For more information visit: johncooper.co.uk

·
Challenge addict ...still
470 Posts
Speedster said:
Hi
The Cooper S's are going to be upgraded to the JCW 210bhp conversion. The Club Class will have the option of specifiying a John Cooper Motorsport rear wing and steering wheel.

For more information visit: johncooper.co.uk
Hi Stephen,

Are you still in a clubsport for next year or an S? Looks like we`ll be racing next year I`ll geta view of your rear graphics no doubt.
I`ve entered my car(was Andy Waterfalls) for 05. Do you have any further info about the tyre upgrade to DO2`s etc.

I fancy the race steering wheel :cool: but I`m not sure about the wing :confused:

Keith Issatt

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Keith

I think we met at Silverstone - didn't get much of a chance to chat under the circumstances.

Glad to hear you're signed up - Im signed up too. I will probably be doing Club Class, I just don't think I will get the sponsorship to move up to S's unfortunately.

I don't really have much information on the tyre upgrade - all I've heard is that its the replacement for the DO1J, so I presume they will have much the same characteristics. Im sure we'll find out more in due course. Have you booked any track / test days over the winter?

I like the sound of the steering wheel as well. As for the rear wing - I can't see it aiding performance. The Club's don't really need any more downforce - I think it will just lead to a lower top end speed due to the drag created! However, it does look rather cool :cool:

·
Challenge addict ...still
470 Posts
Speedster said:
Hi Keith

I think we met at Silverstone - didn't get much of a chance to chat under the circumstances.

it does look rather cool :cool:
Stephen,
Yes we did meet briefly on the Sunday at Silverstone-an awful ,awful day.

I`m going to a trackday at Donny this Saturday and then a MINI2 trackday at Bruntingthorpe on 22nd Jan.
Got to wear my new DO1J`s out. Shouldn`t take long:D and I`ll be doing the ARDS course sometime between those two dates at Goodwood-its just down the road from me.
Give my regards to your dad - Kate and I were at the Brands meeting but didnt get chance to catch up with you
both.

Keith

·
bouncebackability
307 Posts
Thanks for the info Stephen.
Provisional dates are now published as follows.

2 & 3 April - Donington
8 May - Croft
11 & 12 June - Thruxton
25 & 26 June - Castle Combe
24 & 25 September - Mondello Park
8 & 9 October - Silverstone

I for one, shall be sorry to leave behind the club events with the JCC mixing the meetings with the Mini7's, Miglia's and Legend cars, etc. etc. But looks like we have all of July and August to view them. (The above program shows a 3 month summer break)
Anyway, being part of the rich kid F3 and GT program is a great step forward for the series, drivers and sponsors.
No more day trips to France, Oh well, better arrange easy-Jet, hotel and hire-car in Dublin in September.
Reading the John Cooper web site, 60% of maximum entrants for the 2005 JCC are already signed up, great stuff.

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Cool none of those dates fall on work weekends and the last round at Silverstone not too far for me. I usually go to at least one GT event a year Donnington last year so this will save me one meeting. I fancy most of those dates Mondello park now theres an idea.

Good to see your up for next year Stephen and hanging with the big boys didnt the Miglias and Se7ens used to be part of the GT package or were they with touring cars ? It could be a good move for the series. No sprints at all though ?

With the meetings being double headers lots of camping oppertunities there so we should be able to organise a few meets. We will have our work cut out to beat the TVRs though there were Hundreds at Donnington.

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I believe I am going to miss out at least one race in June if not both, and both are down south too :(

Nevermind :rolleyes:

I take it Mondello Park is in Ireland?

DK ;) :apple:

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
CC is last weekend of June, and I shall be in Belgium for INMM2005.

Thruxton is the second weekend in June, and I may be on holiday in Kenya.

I doubt if I would go to Dublin because of the cost either :(

DK :rolleyes: :apple:

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
from the JCC website​

Provisional Event Calender 2005​

ROUND DATE VENUE EVENT CLUB​
1 April 02 Donington Park Race BRSCC​
2 April 03 Donington Park Race BRSCC​
3 May 07 Croft Race BRSCC​
4 May 08 Croft Race BRSCC​
5 June 11 Thruxton Race BRSCC​
6 June 12 Thruxton Race BRSCC​
7 June 25 Castle Combe Race BRSCC​
8 June 26 Castle Combe Race BRSCC​
9 September 24 Mondello Park, NI Race BRSCC​
10 September 25 Mondello Park, NI Race BRSCC​
11 October 08 Silverstone Race BRSCC​
12 October 09 Silverstone Race BRSCC​

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Shaun said:
Well volenteered Hat you can organise that one :) Yeah I think ill have to not been to croft yet or thruxton
i'm sure something can be arranged ;)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
how many people think they might be interested in a trip out to the N.ireland race? if theres enough interest i will organise this.
By boat or by air?

Either way, I don't fancy that idea, sorry!

DK :) :apple:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.