MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jan 14th issue of AutoWeek has just caught up with me after a change of address. On page 4 it says "In about a year from now Mini will offer aftermarket speed parts for the car from John Cooper Works." This is the first I have seen of these being officially imported to the US.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Some U.S. dealers are apparently trying to become "agents" for JC. If the dealer could install the bits, and BMW would warrant it, it would be great for the U.S. drivers who are accustomed to being left out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Been curious about this myself. I emailed JCW to see if they would be offering produts in the states and got no response. Figured either "no" or I just wasn't important enough to reply to. That kind of customer service makes me want to wait and see if anyone else will make accesories that BMW will not give you a hard time about warranties.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I take back what I said about JCW.I got an email from Mike Cooper today stating they are working with BMWNA on offering the works kits through the dealer network. So I think that will make a lot of us happy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did some nosing around on the JCW website and have some observations, all very obvious but maybe someone hasn't checked them out yet.

The Cooper kit takes the standard 115hp to 132hp. They do list a price for the kit, uninstalled, that when I ran a currency conversion on it came to around $3000. Thats a LOT of green for 17hp.

But of course I'll have to get it when they release a kit for the cooper S.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well for myself, I would be intersted in the exhaust and intake. ECU upgrade if they have it. Not real intersted in changing the head though.

I have noticed that JCW was a bit spendy. But I also don't want to ruin my warranty.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Amigos, this is the million dollar question: Who will BMWA give the authority to do aftermarket performance previledges?:confused: My dealer stated that DINAN is the authorized one here in Jacksonville, Florida , you guys say BMWA is looking at JCW for a possible customer, MiniMania is also bidding with BMWA but, they have burned slightly the bridge by introducing the MINI in Laguna Seca w/o their consent. Then who will it be, we do not know until god(BMWA) decides for warranty purposes!!! Lets wait and see who will rip of off our pockets:D Later gator!!:p

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
soloKev said:
Well for myself, I would be intersted in the exhaust and intake. ECU upgrade if they have it. Not real intersted in changing the head though.

I have noticed that JCW was a bit spendy. But I also don't want to ruin my warranty.
That'll be a JCW Club Sport then

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mini Chopo "S" said:
Amigos, this is the million dollar question: Who will BMWA give the authority to do aftermarket performance previledges?:confused: My dealer stated that DINAN is the authorized one here in Jacksonville, Florida , you guys say BMWA is looking at JCW for a possible customer, MiniMania is also bidding with BMWA but, they have burned slightly the bridge by introducing the MINI in Laguna Seca w/o their consent. Then who will it be, we do not know until god(BMWA) decides for warranty purposes!!! Lets wait and see who will rip of off our pockets:D Later gator!!:p
Enough of the bidding...lets get motoring...make a decision and let us play! I hope greed does not have a place in this but the decion is made for convenience, performance and bang for the buck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts