MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there is there any one using a jhon cooperworks motorsport manifold. could you tell me if it is to loud. or is it ok whith works cat back. i am wanting one soon:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
JCM manifold needs JCM Sports Cat and extended sensor leads as one package

When fitted the central resonator box is removed and thrown in the bin.

If you then utilise the standard back boxes = nice sound and not too noisy, pops increase but it is all reasonable

If you want real loud then use JCM German Challenge 'full pipe' rear boxes - too loud for me in normal street use in town, but excellent when giving it the beans - any one who was at Top Gear knows what my GP was like

If you want medium loud then use JCM UK Challenge 'half pipe' rear boxes - this is my current set up and it is brilliant, good in town and nice and throaty when giving it the beans, ask MiniCabrio what it sounds like when following me on a spirited drive.

Best talk to Tony Franks at MINIMOTORSPORTCENTRE.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
If you want medium loud then use JCM UK Challenge 'half pipe' rear boxes - this is my current set up and it is brilliant, good in town and nice and throaty when giving it the beans, ask MiniCabrio what it sounds like when following me on a spirited drive.
....and as if by magic ;)

The sound when following a few car lengths behind on a spirited drive really is excellent :cool:

I can't describe the sound - but you would not be disappointed ;)

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
....and as if by magic ;)

The sound when following a few car lengths behind on a spirited drive really is excellent :cool:

I can't describe the sound - but you would not be disappointed ;)
where did you appear from :D:D:D are you still following me around :D:D:D

By the way the weather in Italy is still crap - satellite installation cancelled for the 5th time :angry:

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
where did you appear from :D:D:D are you still following me around :D:D:D

By the way the weather in Italy is still crap - satellite installation cancelled for the 5th time :angry:
If I hear my name mentioned - I come running :p

The best of the weather is over here too - very overcast here now.

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
If I was getting a Works kit fitted I would go to Tony Franks, may aswell pay the extra couple of hundred to take it over to him If I was spending that money!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jhon cooper works motorsport manifold

thanks a lot snowie. i will be getting arthur forster motorsport to fit the manifold. he races in the mini challenge. in wallsend newcastle. cant wait:biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts