MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can everyone who takes delivery of a John Cooper Works post their details and observations.

I ordered my MINI John Cooper Works from the dealer that has supplied all my previous Cooper Ss (four in total since June 2002) in May when the specification was announced. I was promised it for launch but it was delayed until Saturday 2 August due to a delay in fitting the Aero Kit.

The wait is now a dim memory as the new car is superb. It replaced a November 06 R56 MCS so I knew the foibles and benefits of the R56. It is early days as I am only at 400 miles. The initial overwhelming impression is that the character of the R53 is back with an intoxicating exhaust note and class leading brakes and handling. At the same time it has lost none of the drivability of the R56. Keeping to around 4,000 rpm it is amazing how easily it despatches lines of 50mph HGVs. Once run in it should be fantastic! That should be next week as this is looking like a 1,200 mile week.

My previous cars have all been high spec but I have to say with the John Cooper Works I have restricted myself to a Chili Pack plus a few options. It worked out all up at £23.5k which is about as much as I can justify for a MINI. I would have liked 18'' wheels and Alcantara Recaros but I feared they would not be as comfortable as the standard items and that matters as I regularly do 500 plus miles in a day. Also I have to consider depreciation which at 50k plus miles per annum can be bit daunting.

When it stops raining and I have an opportunity to clean it I will post some pictures but compared with some of the specs I have seen on MINI2 it will not be particularly special!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Should have collected mine on launch day but it was delayed to 25th July.

Have done 800 miles in 10 days - so run-in period almost over!

Goes great.

Sound is amazing - farts, burbles, whistles and pops. Loud dump valve!

I love it although sometimes it sounds a bit Ricer :D

Came from a Diesel Clubman (but also had a 54 Plate R53 S) Previously had a R53 JCW.

Pepper White plus Chilli (factory forgot to fit the darkened rear glass - how about you?). Rain sensors and MFSW.

Great car. My favourite MINI by a long shot.

I use it for buisness and so like the understated look. Even people in the MINI community think its my old R53

I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Collected mine on 29th july. It was delayed by a week but it was worth the wait. I have only put 200 miles on the clock so still quite a bit of running in to do yet.

Like paa100, I got the chilli pack and the factory forgot to fit the darkened glass. It's going back to the dealership on Monday to get the darkened glass fitted. It's not the dealers fault so I might complain to Mini Customer Services UK.

I also got the visibilty pack, exterior mirror pack, punch leather, hifi upgrade, panoramic roof, JCW carbon fibre scoop, tailgate handle and diffuser (still to be fitted).

Here some pics
http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-...-works-ordered-anyone-else-9.html#post3513262

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,

Ordered mine on the 26th July. I have been given the 15th September as my delivery date.

Its going to be Dark Silver with the Chilli Pack plus rain sensors, heated washers & mirrors.

After the test drive I just had to have one!! Currently driving a lightning blue MCS.

Will be taking it for some blasts down country lanes in the Forest Of Dean as soon as I get it..

Counting the days now......:D.

I'll register full deatils when it arrives and also a few photos ;)

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Just collected mine (11:45) and put 30 miles on the clock. I cannot stop grinning it is better than I could have ever have imagined. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hi all,

Ordered mine on the 26th July. I have been given the 15th September as my delivery date.

Its going to be Dark Silver with the Chilli Pack plus rain sensors, heated washers & mirrors.

After the test drive I just had to have one!! Currently driving a lightning blue MCS.

Will be taking it for some blasts down country lanes in the Forest Of Dean as soon as I get it..

Counting the days now......:D.

I'll register full deatils when it arrives and also a few photos ;)
Oh. I am in Parkend. We should meet up!

·
Registered
565 Posts
just got back from ordering one

MINI John Cooper Works

in Chili Red

with the following options:

Chili Red
Dynamic Stability Control
Remote Control Alarm
Roof&Mirror Caps in White
Sports Seats
Colour Line Dark Grey
Anthracite Roof Lining
Additional Decor Rings
Interior Trim Piano Black
Sport Button
Pass Airbag Deactivation
Car Jack
CD Preparation
Radio BOOST CD
HiFi Speaker System

CHILI Pack
Sport Leather Steer Wheel
Darkened Rear Glass
Floor Mats
Pass. Seat Height Adj.
Storage Compartment Pack
Front Foglights
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Automatic Air Conditioning
On-Board Computer
Interior Light Pack
Basic Bluetooth with USB
2nd Remote Key
White Indicator Lenses
Lea Punch Carbon Black

delivery sometime sept will get actual date in a week

cant wait !!!!

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
just got back from ordering one

MINI John Cooper Works

in Chili Red

with the following options:

Chili Red
Dynamic Stability Control
Remote Control Alarm
Roof&Mirror Caps in White
Sports Seats
Colour Line Dark Grey
Anthracite Roof Lining
Additional Decor Rings
Interior Trim Piano Black
Sport Button
Pass Airbag Deactivation
Car Jack
CD Preparation
Radio BOOST CD
HiFi Speaker System

CHILI Pack
Sport Leather Steer Wheel
Darkened Rear Glass
Floor Mats
Pass. Seat Height Adj.
Storage Compartment Pack
Front Foglights
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Automatic Air Conditioning
On-Board Computer
Interior Light Pack
Basic Bluetooth with USB
2nd Remote Key
White Indicator Lenses
Lea Punch Carbon Black

delivery sometime sept will get actual date in a week

cant wait !!!!

Well done on the order.

Mine is Dark Silver /Black roof
Piano Black
Chrome Line Interior

I went for the STD radio as the Hi-Fi was pretty Poor in the last one so Ministuff will be getting mine next time I am up that way.

Happy Adventure. :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You are correct.

It came with a chrome rim with the lights. A black one is on special order :rolleyes:

Also it has the non-tinted tinted windows :mad:

Not sure whether to get them changed or not.

Car looks nice and goes like stink even during run in!

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
lovely looking JCW's there :D

if I was to get one, I'd choose PW/B after taking my dealers out last weekend :nice::D

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
Car looks great! I am getting worried about this tinted windows thing! I think another guy has had the same problem on here. Mine is due to be built next week (also through dick lovett), so i think im gonna call them and warn them i wont be paying if the glass is not darkened as it should be - perhaps they can put a note on the system for the factory.

I've just noticed actually that it does not say darkened glass on the dealer IVS screenshot they sent me (their system which displays the spec from the factory). Perhaps they have to enter it manually and not expect it to come up as part of chilli pack.

Anyway - congrads!

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
You are correct.

It came with a chrome rim with the lights. A black one is on special order :rolleyes:

Not sure whether to get them changed or not.

Car looks nice and goes like stink even during run in!
Liking the Pepper White lovely car.....

They Sure do go some I have already done 100 miles since yesterday :)

paa100 looks like we use the same dealer that mottled blue one is a Clubman S.....

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Liking the Pepper White lovely car.....

They Sure do go some I have already done 100 miles since yesterday :)

paa100 looks like we use the same dealer that mottled blue one is a Clubman S.....
seems so. It looks great doesnt it. Amazing that its a wrap - looks very professional.

We should all meet up somewhere. :cool:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts