MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be selling the famous SCAR-GO and buying a 2005 MCS.
This is a 2003 LY/B MCS with all 3 packages, 35.6K miles (as of today), and in showroom condition. I have not had one serious problem with this car. No stumble, no electric gremlins, no windshield problems, nothing except a bolt end poking through the ebrake boot. Unbelievable but true, just one 1/4" scratch which you could never find in a gazillion years. Spacecloth inside. Mods include Alta rear sway bar, BMP CAI, beefier wires.

This car has been cared for by Messrs. Zaino, Zymol, and MINI of Peabody (MA). It is a veteran of both MINIs on TOP events, a co-founder of MAMA, and other prestigious events.

Just kinda testing the waters here but I'm interested in finding out what I could get for my baby here in New England. I'm thinking the prestige alone would be worth a couple of thousand ;)

Share your thoughts.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Sounds nice! Let me start the bidding.

$32.79

Cash! Cold hard cash! Burning a hole in my pocket!

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replies from normals only, please. I am serious and you, my friend, are a tool.

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
Damn Man let's get serious. You blokes are delerium. I know that car. I love that car.

SOLD

Oh baby! I be drivin' a LY.

jcsinnh said:
This is a 2003 LY/B MCS with all 3 packages, 35.6K miles (as of today), and in showroom condition. " scratch which you could never find in a gazillion years. Spacecloth inside. Mods include Alta rear sway bar, BMP CAI, beefier wires..

Uh John, haven't you forgotten a mod?

So what do I make the check for? And to Maaureen?

·
Yo! Ol' Man!
1,966 Posts
jcsinnh said:
Replies from normals only, please. I am serious and you, my friend, are a tool.
I think this might reveal the actual nature of Mr bakerjc's concern - Perhaps an economic one...

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Let me state that I only posted an absurd comment. I did not advertise that I posted, nor that this thread was even here.

Look what you guys have turned this into. A circus, I tell you.

Is there a "For Sale - OffTopic and Banter" this can be moved to?

John, though I did nothing to harm nor hinder, I apologize. Again, for what I do not know. But I do. Really.

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
John,
Time to close this thread and not tell anyone in the regular banter group when you put the real 'For Sale' thread up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gavin, you are correct as usual but, I swear on my mother's eyesight that I told noone. Ol' Nosey Parker discovered it himself. Sorry, MINI world. I try to do some serious business lightheartedly and my bizarre-o group of pals do me in ;) I love each and every one of them. What a cult!

Anyway, the car is for sale. DO NOT RESPOND HERE but PM me. Let's see what they can do to that avenue. I will deliver in New England. Big deal, huh?

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
No ciggy burns on the seats?

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
This car truly is quite a find. It has gone through more extensive mods than most. John took the ideas and style from his favorite American car manufacturer and combined them into the latest European technology. Extensive body modifications with the installation of a quality cast iron lump in the bonnet. None of those newfangled discs for John, he went to the tried and true drums. Tossed out the DSC, LSD, THC, PCP and decided to drive by the seat of his pants. 4 speed tranny put in, no need for 6 if you're not going to use them. Major weight savings with the installatiion of bias-ply tires. Heated seats? Nah, John's hot enough as it is. No need to overcook.

A real head turner, most people tend to look away as he drives by.

Here's a shot with his design team, the forerunners of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Why they transposed the modifiers I do not know.

Remember John: I, and we, all love you. But we have to do this. it's what we do. Kinds like a calling.........

I'm considering upping my bid.

Attachments

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
bakerjc said:
What about saggy bums?
Skid marks on the driver's seat. Does Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book have a deduction for them?
Drool wasn't much of a problem because Mo was usually there to wipe the dribble away as John motored........if you can call it that.

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dear World,

Get me outta here...please! Is there a moderator in the house? Or a zoo keeper?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts