MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now - one of those secret voyeurs, well I've got to get my kicks somehow.....

Thank you all for being so enthusiastic because my order is now in for my cooper - blue with white bits - and will be saying goodbye to my Alfa GTV....

Been told March or April delivery....any advice on best way to fill the time other than furious self-abuse over pictures of other people's Minis?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
MiniJamie said:
Hello all, Been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now - one of those secret voyeurs, well I've got to get my kicks somehow.....

Thank you all for being so enthusiastic because my order is now in for my cooper - blue with white bits - and will be saying goodbye to my Alfa GTV....

Been told March or April delivery....any advice on best way to fill the time other than furious self-abuse over pictures of other people's Minis?
You could try slower self abuse to help pass the time?..;)

I hear it makes you go blind though, so be careful or you won't be able to drive it at all..:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Work hard, save your money...

...for buying more and more accessories on your order before April!!!

well done on buying a MINI!!!

BTW, I have a fault free MINI that doesn't pull to the left or squeak or do strange things (touch wood!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, forgot options........

Forgot to add options - Blue with White Roof, Chilli Pack, Air Con, Alarm, Single CD, Heated Mirrors + Jets, Basic Traction Control.

·
Registered
79 Posts
MiniJamie,

If your GTV is anything like the one I had I guess you`ll be busy taking it down to the dealers every couple of weeks!
Mine was a piece of junk and I was happy to see the back of it, the only thing it did quickly was depreciate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Acutally did OK......

Actually I ended up with a good one - have really enjoyed owning it but when things have gone wrong it has cost a bloody fortune.

A flint decided to smash the offside headlight assembly last month and Alfa charged me £260 for the unit and fitting.

It was a lovely idea for a car but really suffers from the Alfa blight....

You're right about depreciation though - what a nightmare, still trying to get a vaguely acceptable trade-in price to avoid the lottery of private sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to make MiniJamie even more envious, I collected my Cooper on Thursday and it is F*A*N*T*A*S*T*I*C.....sex on wheels............now I just cannot wait to get out in the mornings to go to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
13 days to go!
And I'll be a proud 19yr old!
Can't, delivery is confirmed for 6th, and dealer wreckons no later than Fri afternoon, I hope all goes to plan!

I'm gonna runn my beast in under 3 days hehehe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome IBB.............you will know what we are talking about.............a most desirable car to own and drive...it will take about a year, I think, for the initial pleasure to wear off then it will just be fun to drive!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

·
1,532 Posts
I can't wait m8!

12 days to go now hehehe...sem to be taking ages for the days to pass by!

·
Registered
121 Posts
"I Can't wait etc"

Just to wet your appetite,

I have just been for a drive this morning in my cooper from Scarborough (N.Yorks) winding over deserted moorland roads and twisty B roads. The car is AMAZING. knife edge steering accuracy, sharp brakes and a beautifully balanced chassis make for one of the best Sunday mornings I can remember in a long time. I am still grinning from ear to ear!!. The engine is loosening up nicely with 3000 miles on the clock and the gearbox is like a knife through butter.

Hope you enjoy yourswhen you have taken delivery!

Happy Mini Motoring :D :D :D

·
1,532 Posts
I think I'm gonna go crazy just waiting for it!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear you're enjoying yourself so much m8!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
None of you are helping

OK - I've still got until the end of March to wait - I'm beginning to hate you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
195 Posts
Snap...

Not impressed! :(

Don't they know I want it now? Now I tell you, NOW!!!

Muhuhuhuhuhuh....

Ahem - lost it for a moment there ;). At least I know it will be worth the wait.

Just hope the Fiesta lasts that long. Any bets :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts