MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have experience of juddering wipers when then are on at speed (80 + MPH). It appears to be on the driver’s side only. I am on my second MINI and the first one was the same. If i replaced the blades it is sorted for about 4 weeks then it was back to how it was before. My new car is 5 weeks old & now have juddering wipers.

Any ideas?

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Andy W said:
Does anybody have experience of juddering wipers when then are on at speed (80 + MPH).
Tsk tsk...naughty boy! 80+!!!

I sometimes get juddery wipe blades and am going to be getting some new wiper blades with some other parts, but if that ain't going to help then I may reconsider...

·
Registered
362 Posts
For wipers to wipe and not judder, the rubber must flop over at the end of the travel.

Maybe the extra forces at high speed stop this happening.

I think the wiper arms are metal, and if so you can fix it like this:-

Find out if the judder is when the wiper is going left or right. If both, this fix won't help.

Lift arm away from screen. Grip wiper arm as near its free end as possible with an adjustable spanner.

Twist the wiper arm a few degrees clockwise ( when looking from above) if the wiper was juddering as it moved to the right, or anti-clockwise if it juddered as it moved left.

You need to twist it so that it has a permanent set of 5 - 10 degrees to make a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts