MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, dunno if ul remember me, was last on last yr i think. had just got a ONE D, silver wi 17s?

well anyway, got fed up sharing so treated myself to a black one, 2002 model. its cosmos black, iv only put 17" voodo 2 alloys on and an aero spoiler since i got it a few weeks ago.

anyways... the questions are - (sorry if theyv been asked but my pc is so slow being a modem connection so i aint bothered looking too much...)

1) Lowering; Does it affect my warranty?

2) New exhaust (back box only); Does it affect my warranty?

3) Chip/Superchip; Does it... only joking - not that fick! What one do u recommend? Baring in mind I want big BHP increase, and for it to be easy to remove for services etc.

4) In dash DVD/TFT screens; Who has pictures I can see?

Hmmm, think thats all for now but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bryce!

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
Hi sir, how r u tonight? lol ;)

(1) Lowering will affect your suspension warrenty, but if something goes wrong with your lights then you dealer cannot refuse to fix it ;)

(2) As above, it will void the warrenty for the exhaust system, but thats it ;)

(3) TD Performance Chip :eek: 20bhp increase 30lbTorque increase, wow your MINI one will really come to life above 3000rpm :cool:

(4) have a look here, you sould find pictures of a few installed in MINIS

Click Here

btw get some pictures of your can in that Gallery :p

·
How many posts?
26 Posts
bryce03 said:
cheers m8.

any others wanna help me?

will get some pics up asap :wink:
SUPERCHIP SUPERCHIP SUPERCHIP!

Best mod i ever bought!!!!!!!
470 notes gets you up to 130ish bhp +/- 3 :cool:

Then above 4k rpm its bye bye Mr Cooper!!!! :D :D :D

You wont be far off those S's on 'spirited' runs through the twisties :)

·
Deserter Zed
2,204 Posts
Super chips is definately the way to go!!

proven dynod at 124 bhp, 132bhp inc viper and we're hopeing for about 140 withe the playmini cat bak. and all this on a rolling road known to be a little conservative with its readouts!!

suspension wise get eibachs, cracking handling increase considering its just springs, an not to big a drop as to cause problems.

both changin ur zorst and suspesion will void your warrenty on those items, but it will still remain on the rest of the car.

i wouldnt personally fit indash screens as the screen takes up so much space that the sound equipment tends to b pap. if or wen i get round to doin screen they will be in the sun visors i think.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guys!

just back from my local garage that do the TD performance chip. I was told they aint selling it just now cos they are have a few problems(cars running rough) but they know whats wrong and are fixing it, but even if they do get it fixed its completely put me off!

where can i get info on this superchip? whats it like realiability wise and how easy is it to hide for the likes of services etc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts