MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right while driving i put down the passengers window as it was steamy,while i was putting it up again i also pressed the locking button at the same time and the next thing,my drivers window went down the sunroof opened and the pass window went down again???
whats going on?? is this anything to do with the computer programming etc,i have a mini one just incase

gav

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
If you press and hold the door lock switch in the unlock postion, it will open both windows (and sunroof if you have one)

:)

·
Registered
350 Posts
How perfectly Elbonian!! I guess it would have been too simple for the windows to be controlled by the window buttons.

If I press and hold the cruise control button, does it eject a CD from the player??

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Yes!

Only kidding.

In fact I think the reason why it works on the unlock switch is because it is the same function as the keyring. i.e. if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote key you can open the windows (if programmed to do so)

Not that crazy really.

·
Registered
334 Posts
monsta said:

In fact I think the reason why it works on the unlock switch is because it is the same function as the keyring. i.e. if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote key you can open the windows (if programmed to do so)

does that mean that it will make my boot open? guess i'll have to try it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is common on most BMW's which have frameless doors. It was also on my 3-series coupe I had a few years back, the biggest pain in that was that it opened th rear 3/4 windows for some reason.

The main reason for this is to allow for easier access when you can only open the door a small amount in a car park. It is to save having to squeeze past the window as well as the door.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same fault. The dealer has some electrical component on back order and door mechanism as mine locks the doors and you cant f****** get out as well.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Pezza said:
I have the same fault. The dealer has some electrical component on back order and door mechanism as mine locks the doors and you cant f****** get out as well.
Since when was this thread about a fault with doors locking?!

:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
because mine opens the windows at the same time

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Pezza said:
because mine opens the windows at the same time
????

So you press the door switch up to unlock the doors (from inside the car) and the doors lock and the windows open?

Very odd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts