MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I've been lurking on the site now for quite some time. Part (a large part) of my decision to scoop up an MCS was based on the enthusiastic comments posted here. (OK, the two test-drives helped quite a bit as well! :) )

So, without further ado, I introduce my future obsession:

HB/B w/ B caps
Alloy patina dash/panels
Cloth (I live in FL!)
Sport Package
Rain Sensing Wipers
H/K
Auto AC
MFSW

This is the first time I've ever purchased a car without seeing the color on a vehicle in person. It's a little nerve wracking. The pictures posted here have looked great, however. So I'm very optimistic.

I've been told 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I'll be counting the days anxiously. I will, of course, post pics as soon as I possibly can.

Thanks for being such a wonderful community!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi! And, Welcome!

Now That Your Order Is Taken And A Production Number Given, You Have Increasing Excitement, Unbearable Anticipation And Finally Nerve Wracking Anxiety And/or Frustration Over The Actual Arrival Of Your Baby To Look Forward To. Only Mini Inspires All These Emotions Without Jeopardizing Enthusiasm. A True Love Affair.

I Expect To Pick Up My Hb/w Mcs With All Pkgs, Chromeline Interior, Hk, Pdc, Cai And Body Color Interior On This Weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Wait

You know, I really thought I'd be OK with the waiting. I'm a bit of a computer geek and I order a lot of hardware over the 'Net. Saves me a buck or two.

But this is a whole other Universe of Angst!

It feels like being a kid again and waiting for Christmas. When is it gonna get heeerrrree?!?

Congrats on your HB baby Razor! It sounds like a real beauty!!!

Look out for that monitor lizard!

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome to MINI2.

Being a computer geek doesn't really help. You can do a lot of tracking and checking and worrying if you know where to look. It can be very nerve racking for the next few weeks.

Anyway, nice spec. You sure you don't want the cold weather package? For $300, you get heated seats, which can be really nice for a sore back, or on those winter nights where its 50 degrees and all of Florida is wearing gloves and winter coats. Its pretty popular in TX, AZ and CA just because its reasonably cheap and nice.

You can also debate if you want interior chrome, body colored dash, Anthracite headliner (if you can spec it) or any of the other new for '05 options.

And for comparision, my spec:
HB/W MCS
Black + Gray cloth seats (it gets hot and cold in OH. blech.
Sport
Premium
Cold
H/K
PDC
Body color interior
interior chrome
exterior chrome
anthracite headliner
universal garage door opener
rain sensing wipers/auto dim mirror

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CW and HB dash

That is a very nice spec, stryder!

The Cold Weather package is certainly very nice, but I'd rather spend that money on other stuff. Just personal preference, I suppose. :)

I sweated over getting the HB dash and panels. It came down to what I thought would look good with the cloth seats. If I was going with the leather, I would definitely get the blue/black with the HB dash. The pics I've seen are really nice looking. But with the black and grey cloth (which I prefer, again, personal preference here), I thought the Alloy Patina would go well, give the interior a little uniqueness, and a little exclusivity as the finish is only available in the S.

It feels really good to carry on a detailed discussion about dash color. I don't know why, but it does.

I would have liked to have picked up the universal garage door opener, but my sales rep said those wouldn't be available here until the next run in Jan/Feb. Sooo, get my Mini in 6-8 weeks and clip a garage door opener to it, or wait another 3-4 months in agony? I'll take my existing button, thank you! :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats! I got my Purchase Order # yesterday as well. Build week is in 2 weeks and then the trip across the pond.

Mini Cooper S
Chili Red with White Roof, Wheels and stripes
Premium & Sport Package
Navigation System
Chrome Interior package
Front & Rear Fogs
Leather Sport Seats
Those additional front headlights
Lots more!

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
I don't know if I've seen pictures of blue leather + black leather and the HB dash. The pictures posted of the few delivered in the UK have been half leather (not an option in the US in blue, only in red) so it was blue fabric and black leather. Which is a different color, and in my view looks better then different shade that HB is an the Lapis blue leather is.

Anyway, don't change your spec just because I suggested it, but don't make decisions you'll regret. If you're iffy on one option, and it doesn't wreck your budget, go for it, because it won't be easy to ad later, and you'll be annoyed at yourself.

As far as being more exclusive, at the moment about 50% of MINIs sold in the US are MCS', so if you choose an MCS exclusive dash, its not amazingly unique. Sorry for the bad news, but you can always do things to be unique otherwise, and at the moment HB is an MCS only color, so that's good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You Can Get the Universal Garage Door Opener--NOW!

You can order the UGDO right now--$200. Some MA's get a little lazy just taking orders. Call ASK MINI and see what they tell you. My 05 MCS was ordered with the UGDO option. I have seen several posts where folks have described its' placement on the back of the interior rear view mirror on the newly arriving 05's.

Your MA is quoting you on the complete package--which will not be available till Jan 05. Stay on these forums and you will be several steps ahead of some folks selling them. Good sales folks know their product, you know about the others. ;)

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
The phase is in 1/05 is for the 'convience pack' which includes UGDO, Auto dim mirror/rain sensing wipers and the center arm rest.

The center arm rest isn't available as a stand alone option now, the other two are. My car was built with the UGDO and should be ready for pickup next week.

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
Welcome 2 M2

damn I wish they could've gotten it together enough to where I could spec that armrest.... :rolleyes: But I ain't waiting 'till January. :D Mine's being born next week and should be here by end of Sept. Taking most of Oct off :D :D Jimbo

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
I expect the armrest to be reasonably easy to retrofit. I might be proven wrong, but after all the big changes for '05, I don't think they're going to make some large change to add in the armrest, more of a simple addition, like the under toggle storage that takes 1 screw to add to '02-'04s.

At least that's what I hope. But MINI speccing is a bit like computers, if you continually wait, there will always be something new on the horizion, and you'll never have a car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
stryder
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing