MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my production number today and joined the Owner's Club on miniusa.com.

It still says "on order" so I have to wait for a build date.

How long between the steps of "on order" and "scheduled for production?"

This is all very exciting! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I received my production number yesterday. I called ASK MINI and found out that my MCSC is allocated for a week 36 build (first week in September). The owners lounge even has the correct color for my car now so that's a step in the right direction.

Who knows, maybe the factory is running really efficiently and my week 36 build will turn into a week 35 or week 34 build?

I've never ordered a car built to order so I'm kind of nervous that I selected the worst combination possible :( . Not really but buying a car site unseen is kind of weird.

And yes it is all very exciting!

·
CR/W MC and HO/B MCC
41 Posts
production number

Ordered July 30 and I was told my hot orange MCC will build first week of September with delivery last week September to first week October. When I ordered my first MC in June 2002 it did not get delivered until October 2003. I hope the shorter wait will happen this time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My MCSC is already mid-way through production (Started on July29th ... and scheduled to end on August 10!). I'm a week 33 build! This is exciting to see others in the US with convertibles on order! Yippee!!!

McCasper: Don't worry about ordering sight unseen. I was fortunate enough to see a couple of them at the Apple Developer's Conference last month ... they are beautiful. I walked out of the conference and placed my order immediately.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sporrty:

You placed your order just last month and your car is already being built? How did you get so lucky?

I called all around and in May every dealer in the area (Minneapolis and Chicago) had 12 people on their waiting list. International Mini in Milwaukee got me close to the top of their list and that was back in May.

You must have some serious pull somewhere... :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just received my prod. # for Dark Silver S Conv.

:dark: I just received my production number as well :D. Current schedule is week 37 build with mid-October delivery, but dealer says it may just make it into week 36.

I originally was #37 on the waiting list (Patrick Mini in Chicago). It is a good thing I wanted the S and 6-speed transmission. Otherwise, I would have been waiting a couple more months.

Here are the specs...

Dark Silver Metallic Cooper S Convertible
Black Top
6-speed Manual Transmission
Sports Pack
Cold Weather Pack
Gray Space Cloth Interior
Chrome Line Exterior
Chrome Line Interior
Leather Multi-function Steering Wheel
Cockpit Chrono Pack
Alarm

Can't wait to pick her up, of course the Chicago winter will not be far behind. :(
At least cold is better than rain. :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had to go orange ... it's my favorite color ... and I also saw a hot orange convertible in real life. Here are some pics I took.

http://homepage.mac.com/eyebite/PhotoAlbum22.html

I only ordered mine last month, but the Mini dealer knew me because I've been stopping by every couple of weeks to find out when they would start placing orders! I'd been bugging the hell out them and forced them to take my deposit ... when a buyer didn't call back, they gave me the spot since I had already put money down! I should have been a September build, but got lucky to be moved up!

Specs:
Hot Orange / Black Top / White Bonnet Stripes / Exterior Chrome
Premium / Sport / Cold Weather Packages
Black Leather Interior / Body Color Dash / Chrono Pack / Interior Chrome
Sensing Wipers & Auto Dim Mirror
iPod Connector

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice spec Gator! I think my car will be its twin, minus the sports pack and exterior chrome.

Do you have any idea what the gray space cloth looks like? I'm terribly disappointed you can't get the black/red seat combo on the S. That would look stunning with the dark silver.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The dealer had a 2005 with space cloth interior when I speced mine. Call around the dealers in your area. Here is a picture of it on an older cooper (http://www.allapprovedcars.com/CarDetails.aspx?Id=1315133). The pattern definitely seemed busier in person. I saw a couple with the leather too, but they just seemed too dark for the convertible. Also, a concern with leather is it fading in the sun. Although I would consider if the red/black was an option.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice pics in your gallery Sportty.

I must say I'm not a fan of the blue top with the orange color. Kinda makes me nervous about the Sunrise seats that I ordered, but with a black top.

How did those seats look in person Sportty? Maybe not too good if you got black leather...

Hey Gator...how much extra was the alarm? Did you know that the Europeans get that standard?

·
Registered
401 Posts
hmm

Can you ask your dealer iwhat the 599 for the Alarm covers? Seems in the US they only have a Passive Alarm which no one seems to know what it means.

Howard

·
Registered
59 Posts
MadisonMini said:
Nice pics in your gallery Sportty.

I must say I'm not a fan of the blue top with the orange color. Kinda makes me nervous about the Sunrise seats that I ordered, but with a black top.

How did those seats look in person Sportty? Maybe not too good if you got black leather...

Hey Gator...how much extra was the alarm? Did you know that the Europeans get that standard?
MadisonMini: The front seats in Sunrise look fantastic. But the backseat look a little plain. There's more detailing in the leather seats that made them seem a little more refined. However, the material is cool. It's basically like a thin scuba suit!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sporrty:

The only thing I'm worried about is how the blue seats are going to look with a black top, wondering if I should have gone with the blue top.

That's the hard thing about ordering something without ever seeing it, but hopefully it will be cool.

·
Registered
59 Posts
MadisonMini said:
Sporrty:

The only thing I'm worried about is how the blue seats are going to look with a black top, wondering if I should have gone with the blue top.

That's the hard thing about ordering something without ever seeing it, but hopefully it will be cool.
I think the blue with the black will look great ... I actually thought the seats were black when I first saw them. The color will look good. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
howardpm said:
Can you ask your dealer iwhat the 599 for the Alarm covers? Seems in the US they only have a Passive Alarm which no one seems to know what it means.

Howard
I spoke with my MA and from his responses make the alarm features seem pretty comprehensive. Here is what I remember...
  • Standard "contact" sensors.
  • Intrusion detection - motion inside car, including with top down.
  • Engine start inhibitor (won't start while armed).
  • Tow away protection (???)
  • Glass break sensor (I think, but the first 2 should catch this anyway)
The only real feature I am not sure it has is user adjustable sensitivity for the contact sensors.

Hope this helps.

Dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
ChicagoGator
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing