MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2004 MCS Owner
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im considering buying a cooper s in within the next few weeks so thought id join up here to get a few pointers. I had a mini one a couple of years ago as i was 19 and couldnt insure anything quicker at the time. I then bought a jap import celica gt4 but its costing me too much to run it hense the reason for returning to a mini. My mates are all keeping me going saying its a womens car but after driving a JCW cooper s last week i was very impressed. Whats the general opinion on here?:smile:

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Every mate who has made the girls car comment about mine has promptly been jammed in the passenger seat and taken rounded a series of roundabouts at Mach 1.0... whether they change their opinion is yet to be found out as they are usually speechless!! :D

I'm sure the old shape R32 driver thought the same thing the other day until he couldn't pull away... besides it's funnier embarrassing more serious cars in a mini. You drive a Golf GTI DSG with a serious expression.... you drive a Mini gurning round every single bend! :D

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Every mate who has made the girls car comment about mine has promptly been jammed in the passenger seat and taken rounded a series of roundabouts at Mach 1.0... whether they change their opinion is yet to be found out as they are usually speechless!! :D

I'm sure the old shape R32 driver thought the same thing the other day until he couldn't pull away... besides it's funnier embarrassing more serious cars in a mini. You drive a Golf GTI DSG with a serious expression.... you drive a Mini gurning round every single bend! :D
This is very true and happens quite alot - there are a number of cars out there which just cant pull away from the MINI :)

Love their expression when it happens...

Girls car? A car for all. Must be jealousy surely? :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
A MINI is not a girls car. Why should it be? Does it make you a man driving round in a tango coloured Ford Focus St?? NO. Or a Clio sport whatever it is. I love my MINI S it`s the best car I have ever owned!
I pull woman in it all the time :)
I bought the dark-silver maybe a mans colour! I never care what people think...if I like something that is me, if somebody else doesn`t what the hell!

When it comes to a MINI there are many jealous people out there because they KNOW what an all round polished car it is!
For instance Auto Express has just voted it yet again the best small performance hatch out there. Infact it wiped the floor with the ugly (my opinion) Hond Civic Type R!

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is very true and happens quite alot - there are a number of cars out there which just cant pull away from the MINI :)

Love their expression when it happens...

A mate of mine got a lend of a Porshe Boxter for his wedding and was gob smacked when he couldn't pull away from me in my standard Cooper S :D The best man, who was beside him at the time, said he was a bit quiet all the way to the church after that!!

I don't care if poeple think it' a girl's car..........it's a great car what ever:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, im considering buying a cooper s in within the next few weeks so thought id join up here to get a few pointers. I had a mini one a couple of years ago as i was 19 and couldnt insure anything quicker at the time. I then bought a jap import celica gt4 but its costing me too much to run it hense the reason for returning to a mini. My mates are all keeping me going saying its a womens car but after driving a JCW cooper s last week i was very impressed. Whats the general opinion on here?:smile:
Go for it.I have got a cooper S and previously had a cooper.Who cares if some people say its a girls car,its just a great drivers car.If you do get it you should take your mates out in it scare them a bit then see if they think its a girls car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Simon,

I too have recently joined the MCS ownership ranks. I drove a BMW M3 Evo Convertible before and was also concerned by the cute image the mini has. I bought my MCS 2 weeks ago and in full black 2 it definitley looks more masculine than some of the other colour schemes .

I loving every minute of driving it so far, the handling is so sweet your mates won't be able to wipe the grin off your face no matter what they say. My MCS is far quicker in the real world than the M3!

Anyway there are always exterior modifications that can be made to toughen up the overall look of the car!

Buy one and you'll never look back!

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Simon,

I too have recently joined the MCS ownership ranks. I drove a BMW M3 Evo Convertible before and was also concerned by the cute image the mini has. I bought my MCS 2 weeks ago and in full black 2 it definitley looks more masculine than some of the other colour schemes .

I loving every minute of driving it so far, the handling is so sweet your mates won't be able to wipe the grin off your face no matter what they say. My MCS is far quicker in the real world than the M3!

Anyway there are always exterior modifications that can be made to toughen up the overall look of the car!

Buy one and you'll never look back!

Good call - Black II is what I have, lowered on 30mm/40mm eibachs with 18" JCW wheels and a host of goodies - looks top notch IMO :)

·
2004 MCS Owner
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well folks i took your advice, im going to look at an 04 MCS with 20k, 18inch JCW wheels and aero kit. Its finished in hyper blue, cant wait.lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts