MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my first post here. I just put down a deposit on a new Cooper S Works, due for delivery in March 05. I'm seeing the dealer in early Dec to firm up the exact spec (their system crashed just around closing time!).

Any ideas on what to go for gratefully received.

I was thinking about: satnav, leather, automatic aircon, harmon cardon, 6cd, carbon dash, 18 inch john cooper wheels and brake upgrade and suspension, strut brace, aero kit. But not the sunroof (somehow I think it doesn't look as "classic" as the full tintop). I'm assuming since it is post Jan build it will come with the LSD. Colour being black eye purple with white roof and white bonnet stripes

Cheers

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Just ignore all the talk of fridges, TV and kitchens!:rolleyes:

it's just because they've got nothing to do at present...well apart from Mod!

give em a shout,...but watch out cos you'll get mobbed....the ain't specced one in a while! :p ;)

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Cooper S Works with all the trimmings... Yummm!! :D .....

Jan 05 Delivery!!... Better get that Spec sorted ASAP!! :D........... I'm sure there's a few around here that can help ;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
CooperID said:
Cooper S Works with all the trimmings... Yummm!! :D .....

Jan 05 Delivery!!... Better get that Spec sorted ASAP!! :D........... I'm sure there's a few around here that can help ;)
Well you've ticked the most important box.:D 210bhp.:cool:

I'd add DSC and Chilli Pack to that.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone got the works suspension and brake upgrade? I want it to handle the extra power but not make the ride overly harsh on normal day to day driving.

I bought the car primarily to commute in, plus some fun on the twisties either end of the M25, plus for occasional weekend and track use.

I'm used to hard riding cars as I also have a 911 GT3 and a Radical SR3 race car ... but I'd like the Mini to be a tad more civilised if possible!

So, any experiences of the other JCW upgrade bits?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I test drove the John Cooper demonstrator with basically that spec (wheels, suspension, dash etc), not sure if it had LSD though.

I found the wheels a bit heavy on turn in, especially when throwing it into roundabouts / 90deg turns. The suspension was great, not too harsh, even accounting for the huge wheels.

I would consider getting manual A/C, the auto is very noisy. You might want to think about the Works seats. The standard seats aren't great IMHO, especially with 210bhp.

good call on "no sunroof" A waste of money / weight as far as I'm concerned.

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
AndrewD said:
Anyone got the works suspension and brake upgrade? I want it to handle the extra power but not make the ride overly harsh on normal day to day driving.

I bought the car primarily to commute in, plus some fun on the twisties either end of the M25, plus for occasional weekend and track use.

I'm used to hard riding cars as I also have a 911 GT3 and a Radical SR3 race car ... but I'd like the Mini to be a tad more civilised if possible!

So, any experiences of the other JCW upgrade bits?
Oh my God - I want your garage! Are you single?! ;) :p :eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Raify - surprised the 18 inch wheels felt heavier, aren't they meant to be lighter than the other wheels to reduce unsprung weight?!

Intrepid - no, very married! In fact, baby about to arrive any day now :D

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Ah well - lucky wifey.... don't you need proper back seats for baby? no room in the Rad or the porsche is there?! you'll have to get a Range Rover too! :p

Congrat on baby - and Works - what treats! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers! I'll have to tell my wife how lucky she is!

We've got a Passat 4 motion estate for baby transport

Seems like a friendly place here!

·
Registered
126 Posts
AndrewD said:
Raify - surprised the 18 inch wheels felt heavier, aren't they meant to be lighter than the other wheels to reduce unsprung weight?!
I was comparing them to my 16" X-lites, not sure which are lighter. A bigger wheel + bigger tyre contact patch would make for heavier turn-in feel I think, even if the JCW 18" wheels are lighter

It didn't exactly spoil my test drive, it was just different. If you can, try a few cars with different wheels before you decide.

Nathan. T-minus 5 days until the extra 10 bhp!

·
Registered
104 Posts
16" X-Lites weigh 17.6 lbs. The 18" JCW wheels weigh 23.5 lbs. For comparison the 17" S-Lites (misnomer if ever there was one) weigh 25.1 lbs.....each :p

·
MINI2 Regular
60 Posts
Andrew,

I would definately add the Anthracite roof lining to that spec. Picked my MCS JCW up on Saturday and the roof lining makes a huge difference to the interior. As does the HK system, but you've already specced that! ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts