MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!
I just ordered my new S!
Hopefully this forum will help my cravings till I can take possesion of it...lol
I ordered an 05 MCS with:
Sports Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Harmon Kardon Sound System
Dark Silver with Black Top, Mirrors, and Bonnet Stripes
I am living in Germnay but have ordered a U.S. spec mini and I can't wait to hit the Auto Bahn!
As soon as I get it I will take some pics and post them up!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You know what... I was just wondering about this... how did you order a different spec car?

I've been wanting to buy a RHD Mini, and wondering if it can be custom ordered through a dealership here in the U.S. I need to hit up my dealership and try to shmooze with them for the goods.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good choice, that´s definitely one of the best combinations! Dark Silver with Black Top, Mirrors, and Bonnet Stripes. My MCS may be similar when I order it (this autumn hopefully). But instead of black mirrors I would take the chrome ones. :)

Off topic: Since you´re from Germany, I must mention that I´m listening Rammstein atm ;) The greatest German band ever IMHO! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am actually not German...I'm in the US military stationed over here in Germany! As far as odering a different spec I basically orderd a US spec one so I could bring it back with me to the states. If you want a RHD one you most likely would have to hit up your dealer to see if they could special order one. My other choice was a European spec but it would still have had the LHD and I would have had to pay extra to get it converted to US specs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well from the research I did it sounded right for me...the only other audio plan I have is to put an 8" sub and amp in the back. I have already been looking a various performance upgrades I will most likely go with exhaust, CAI, 15% pulley, ECU remaping, and rear sway bar. Kinda in that order or as my wallet can handle it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Guysdaman,
Bet it's warm down in Ramstein, I work at one of the Brit bases up in Hohne and it's been 30 degrees or so up here for ages.
Just got my MCS on monday. I thought I would be needing a Sub as I was running a 10" Kenwood in the old 3 series. After a play with the H/K in the MINI though I don't think I'll bother it's pretty good in "MINI H/K" mode.

Do you get to buy the car free from British VAT? any other discounts? we get 5% through Naafi, just wondered if you get a similar or better deal?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weather is quite nice for a change! I'm originally from Florida so this weather is bearable for me. Yes I got mine free from all taxes and at a slightly reduced price ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
How hard was it to order the different spec from the dealer? I'm planning on contacting my local dealer pretty soon to see if can be done. I'm on the fence about coming back to a MINI, but if this is possible through I'd be 100% into it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as the different specs if you mean left hand drive vs. right hand drive I had no option on that. But as far as the different packages or doing it piecemeal you have all the options you want! It can be as little or as much as you would like. Got my production number...my mini will be built starting the week 30 Aug 04! Man I can't wait!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the dealer I delt with is on contract to deal with US military folks over here in Germany. So getting a US spec car was just as easy as it would be back in the states...plus the delivery time is a little quicker. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. I'm in the U.S. Army too. I am stationed in Germany, but I am currently finishing my year in Iraq. I have my '05 MCS on order to be delivered to Germany about Jan of '05. Got mine U.S. spec too. Dark silver/black roof/bonnet stripes, sports package, sunroof, chrono pack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
05CooperS
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing