MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking, admiring, and wanting a MINI Cooper I finally put my money down on a new MINI Cooper. I placed the order on Tuesday, and checked on line today. I can see that it is on order, but no production date has been set. My dealer (in Tampa Bay) says it should be here mid December! I went with what I thought was a fairly standard package, but it had to be ordered, nothing on the lot matched

MINI Cooper

Chili Red/White Top
Premium Package
manual transmission
Sports Seats
Panther Black Leather
internal surface Anthracite
Xenon Headlights

I had some questions about the "Dealer" installed accessories. I was interested in getting one of the graphics for the top, in addition to the bonnet stripes, but I did not know if any of the graphics were designed to work with the sunroof. I know they use something on the city buses here that lets you see out the windows, but still have the image.

Also what are some of the more practical accessories I should get. I know things like floor mats are useful, but has anyone gotten the items such as the boot box and such.

well I am approximating the wait time to be 68 days 12 hours 16 mins and 3 seconds until my MINI is delivered

:red:

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Well Josh...

JoshuaKane said:
After looking, admiring, and wanting a MINI Cooper I finally put my money down on a new MINI Cooper. I placed the order on Tuesday, and checked on line today. I can see that it is on order, but no production date has been set. My dealer (in Tampa Bay) says it should be here mid December! I went with what I thought was a fairly standard package, but it had to be ordered, nothing on the lot matched

MINI Cooper

Chili Red/White Top
Premium Package
manual transmission
Sports Seats
Panther Black Leather
internal surface Anthracite
Xenon Headlights

I had some questions about the "Dealer" installed accessories. I was interested in getting one of the graphics for the top, in addition to the bonnet stripes, but I did not know if any of the graphics were designed to work with the sunroof. I know they use something on the city buses here that lets you see out the windows, but still have the image.

Also what are some of the more practical accessories I should get. I know things like floor mats are useful, but has anyone gotten the items such as the boot box and such.

well I am approximating the wait time to be 68 days 12 hours 16 mins and 3 seconds until my MINI is delivered

The only add-ons I'm getting delivered to my red mini are the sport seats and sunroof, but as from the dealer I'm looking to get the grey rubber floor mats for the front seats, back seats rear area and rear extension. Thinking of getting the cup holders too.

How did you figure how long it would be, or is that just a wild guess?

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Dealer told me all there October and November allocations of cars to be built were filled. So I called another dealer and asked them the time frame for delivery. They told me 6 to 8 weeks. I called my dealer back, and magically a spot opened to have mine built sooner, and they told me it should be here by mid December. I am guessing that means I will have a build date of early to mid November.

-- Joshua :velvet:

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
Congrats on the order, and good color choice I might add! ;) I got mine very basic spec, even more so than you. No packages, just the 16" wheels, chrome line exterior, and bonnet stripes. What type and color of wheels are you getting?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I can only think of one truly practical accessory you'll need...the humble glove box organizer. It helps keep stuff put while you motoring about...otherwise it all falls out when you open the glovebox door.

Nice spec on you MINI there!!!

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Great spec it seems to me.
Of course my bias, as my Cooper is CR/W with Anthracite interior and it has a classy look.
MIne came with the 7-hole wheels, but I will soon have a set of the 16" v-spokes for the summers.
Other than that, heated std. seats and not much else for options, but it's the driving that counts!
Had a blast just picking up my kids from school/friends, and did not have to do anything illegal to have fun, just run it up through the gears, listen to the exhaust note while doing it, and hold on for the corners!
One great accessory I added is the Euro parcel shelf, it really helps for phones, CD's, coins, etc., highly recommended.
I also like the look of the rubber mats with the funky raised circles - these will go in soon as the dreaded winter nears. Good luck waiting, this car's worth the wait. :)

·
kgouin
481 Posts
gokartride said:
I can only think of one truly practical accessory you'll need...the humble glove box organizer. It helps keep stuff put while you motoring about...otherwise it all falls out when you open the glovebox door.

Nice spec on you MINI there!!!
This is a necessity!!! You can get it in red to match your MINI!!!! I have the red one and it is great. When you open your glove box, nothing falls out!

You could also get some red rings around your speedometer and tachometer like I have. I also have a red leather steering wheel cover but I haven't taken a picture of that yet.

Attachments

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MINNOW said:
I also like the look of the rubber mats with the funky raised circles - these will go in soon as the dreaded winter nears. Good luck waiting, this car's worth the wait. :)
Winter? I live in Florida, we have two days of winter, so I opted not to get the Heated seats or rubber matt, I was leaning towards the carpet ones. I just need to figure out how to keep the hurricane's away, which believe me is worse then winter.

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Shoot! I live in Maine and wouldn't ...

JoshuaKane said:
Winter? I live in Florida, we have two days of winter, so I opted not to get the Heated seats or rubber matt, I was leaning towards the carpet ones. I just need to figure out how to keep the hurricane's away, which believe me is worse then winter.

get the heated seats. My @ss warms that seat up rather quickly as it is. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
kgouin said:
This is a necessity!!! You can get it in red to match your MINI!!!! I have the red one and it is great. When you open your glove box, nothing falls out!

You could also get some red rings around your speedometer and tachometer like I have. I also have a red leather steering wheel cover but I haven't taken a picture of that yet.
kgouin,

Where did you get the red rings around the speedometer and tach? They look great!

·
Registered
204 Posts
MHALEY57 said:
red and white is the only way to go!!
http://www.roadfly.org/mini/gallery/photos/photos-12-2003/9-9215260.jpg
a quick pic of mine. I've since added decal checks to the mirror caps but don have pics yet. Felt better about spending $15 bucks and doing it myself rather than spending $118 at the dealer!! ;) :red:
Hey, nice CR/W Mini! Where can you get decals for the mirrors? Can you also get one for the sunroof?

·
1xCooper & 2xClubmans...
155 Posts
Great colour choice JoshuaKane (I would say that! :p ) I reckon go for the white stripes - they look soooooo good on a CR/W. :cool:

As for the spec - nice! (BTW We don't have the Premuim Package here in UK - what does that include?)

Sports seats and Xenons are a must for a new Cooper IMO - the seats are v.v.comfy, and the lights simply look superb (whether on or off!). Full leather should be real nice! ;)

Do you get A/C as standard in US? That and the sunroof are both options I added (we have to order A/C specifically as an option in UK :rolleyes: ).

Here are a few pics to help you in your wait - it'll seem like forever! I guess you'll be getting one of the new style ones like myself and Wuxley... Enjoy! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
MaryFlute
I just ordered 70 1"black squares from a local sign maker. (that gave me some spares just in case) I then just put them on individually using a spare one to space them out. I found you could only go about three rows deep before the curvature became too severe and trimming was needed. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself. As soon as I get some pics I'll post them. It's a whole lot cheaper way to go than buying new mirror caps from the dealer. :D

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tubby said:
As for the spec - nice! (BTW We don't have the Premuim Package here in UK - what does that include?)
The Premuim Pack has the following

- Multifunction Steering Wheel Controls (Radio from the wheel)
- Cruise Control
- Electric Panoramic Sunroof
Twin glass front and back.
- Automatic Air Conditioning

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.