MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to this board, I was able to gather enough information to place an order for a 05 MCS.

Now comes the sad part...the 10 month wait. But hopefully I'll get to drive it when Summer 05' starts.

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
10 Months!!!! OMG. Cancel your order and buy from the east coast. There is only a 2 month wait here.

Luke

·
Registered
144 Posts
East Bay Mini, a member of the Hendrick Auto Group, is a great choice for a dealership. The wait is offset by the knowledge that you are paying MSRP with no mark-up and getting exactly what you want from a friendly dealership. I have an 03 MCS from East Bay Mini (wait was 51 weeks!!!) but I knew exactly what I was buying and had all the time in the world to get finances in order. I truly learned to love the anticipation. I followed the vehicle from order through manufacturing to the ship that brought it to ODC in Ventura, CA to delivery which, in itself, was a grand event. (I even emailed the ships' crew when I found their email addresses on the net. All possible thanks to a daily dose of MINI2.)

Since I have had the vehicle it has been exclusively serviced through East Bay Mini and I must say, in my 30 years of dealing with auto shops and car dealers, the staff at East Bay Mini has been the most efficient, courteous, and knowledgeable of any I have ever dealt with. They expertly fixed a variety of rattles, replaced parts, and serviced my MCS.

I could have, and was able to, immediately purchase an MCS with the premium charged by Concord MINI since Concord MINI is only two miles from my home, but I was treated poorly, and the staff couldn't answer basic questions. Then there was a thread on MINI2 where they had messed up a roof rack install on some poor guy's Mini that required an entire re-roof of the vehicle to be fixed. My choice became all the more clear and I have never regreted it. Congratulations. Good Choice!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To relieve my anticipation, I plan to test drive a MCS every month at different dealerships until my 05' MCS arrives.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You could still order an MCS (a-la carte) exactly to your own personal spec. from an East Coast dealer for MSRP and have it within 8 weeks (e.g. Towne Mini, Buffalo NY.....a big thumbs up for them).

Bill.

·
Go West young MINI!
111 Posts
Ouch.

10 month wait is a long time!

My husband and I decided to order from the East Coast from Classic MINI in Ohio. The shipping is going to cost around $1200 though. They apparently do a lot of sales out here in California. The East Bay MINI agents were very helpful and friendly. There was no way I could wait 10-12 months for a car though...my husband and I are getting one because his died. We're currently sharing and patiently awaiting our MINI for December.

Tell me how you keep yourself sane during the wait. Maybe you'll get lucky and people will drop off the list...

·
Looking for a Mini
23 Posts
ohh man 10 months!
Its only been a week into my 2.5 month wait and i'm going mad. If i had to wait 10 months I'd be in the nut house before the car showed up.

·
Mini Obsessed
22 Posts
I was just quoted an 8 week wait from San Francisco Mini for a 2005 MC and only slightly longer for the MCS, though the markup was around $1500. I guess it all depends on how long you want to wait. Good luck! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts