MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have finally ordered my Cooper D :D I have gone for a pretty basic car, its going to be lightning blue with a white roof, Chilli Pack, and clear indicators. Its going to be registered Jan '09 so got a little while to wait yet :( This site is brilliant for tips and advice, much like the classic mini forum I reguarly use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wait will be terrible but will be worth it in the end! I love the lightning blue and am quite glad its not too popular and being replaced, will make mine seem less of a common colour. I figured January reg would be better than doing it in the last couple of weeks of 2008, just my personal preference really.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Would it not be worth pushing it back 2 months and getting it registered in march?

Then you would get it on an 09 plate, and the resale value would be higher should you ever want to sell it.

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
The wait will be terrible but will be worth it in the end! I love the lightning blue and am quite glad its not too popular and being replaced, will make mine seem less of a common colour. I figured January reg would be better than doing it in the last couple of weeks of 2008, just my personal preference really.
Not as bad as waiting 6 months for a car, that after 3 months of owning and troubles, you get rid of :hmph:

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
Congratulations! and welcome to the dooper club :)

I'm so glad we don't have an instantly identifiable year on our number plates in Northern Ireland, you can roughly tell but there are so many combinations for the different counties that it's never obvious. I never really understood the point in waiting an extra X months for a new plate to come out in GB before picking up the car, does it really affect the resale all that much?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would it not be worth pushing it back 2 months and getting it registered in march?

Then you would get it on an 09 plate, and the resale value would be higher should you ever want to sell it.
3 Months is long enough for me to wait let alone til march :p

·
Totally Marvellous!
1,165 Posts
I have finally ordered my Cooper D :D I have gone for a pretty basic car, its going to be lightning blue with a black roof, Chilli Pack, and clear indicators.
Welcome aboard :D

1) it's a Cooper D and 2) it's got the Chilli Pack, so it ain't that basic... ;):cool:

Happy waiting... :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats mate, Same colour choice as mine (picked it up last week) IMO the best colour option there is/was and I am also glad its being discontinued makes it all the more rare as opposed to the thousands of pepper white and red ones I see regularly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts