MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
geek girl
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined the forum today (have been lurking for a couple of weeks). I also finally ordered my Mini Cooper for delivery in Dec and wanted to get opinions on the spec:

- Black II (roof/mirror caps as well)
- CHILI pack w/ 7-fin spokes & black cloth/leather
- Remote control alarm
- Electric folding mirrors
- Heated mirrors/washer jets (am debating on whether to keep these)
- Electric sun roof
- Darkened glass
- Manual air-con.
- Sat. nav.
- Single CD player
- Harmon Kardon speakers
- Sports suspension PLUS

I'm going to add the ASC+T based on what I've read here and am wondering about the MFSW and Visability Pack. I'm also debating on adding the Xenon headlights, but think I might just be going a bit OTT out of excitement of finally placing my order. :D

What do you think?

What's the difference between the regular headlining and the anthracite one (other than i makes the car pretty dark inside)?

Also, I really want to use my iPod in my car, but am not sure the best route. Anyone know if there is an auxilary plug in the back of the single CD player where I can add an iPod connector or is the Denison ICE LINK the best way to go?

thanks,
3djane

·
MINI2 Regular
53 Posts
looks pretty great to me!

i get my Cooper in December too, its going to be a *long* wait!!!

dont wanna look stupid but whats MFSW?

·
kgouin
481 Posts
The all black MINIs are beautiful!!!!! Good choice there. Does the option with the heated mirrors come with heated seats where you live? If it does, I would keep that package. The heated seats are great!

·
geek girl
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kgouin said:
The all black MINIs are beautiful!!!!! Good choice there. Does the option with the heated mirrors come with heated seats where you live? If it does, I would keep that package. The heated seats are great!
Unfortunately, heated seats are an extra £190 and I figured since the one's i ordered are cloth, they shouldn't be too bad in the winter months (fingers-crossed).

·
geek girl
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One other thing the dealer was trying to talk me into is the standard Asset Protector option. As I'm not from the UK & this is my first car purchase here, I don't know how car insurance works here... is it worth spending the extra £250 for this?

What it does is "bridge the difference between your finance settlement and insurance company pay-out".

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
Nice spec! You really need MFSW though an absolute bargain.

Personally I think the asset Protector option is a rip-off. Firstly most reputable insurance companies will give you a replacement like-for-like new car if it is written off in the first year (check you policy). After that most big insurance companies will not try and rip you off with the settlement as their reputation is at stake - I know because I used to work for one - all you have to do is send them evidence of used Coopers for sale and they will have to pay out the true secondhand value. My dealer reckoned that the car would be worth more than the finance outstanding after 18 months so for six months of risk I'll take my chances!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just joined the forum today. I got my production number and I was told that I am week 48. That is either the last week in November or the first week in December. Does that mean I can pick it up at the dealer then. Or does it get delivered then? :cool: Thank you!

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
week 48 will be when the car is built. it then has to go to thorne near doncaster (like every new bmw & mini) for a check before its sent on to your dealer who will then complete a pre-delivery inspection, fit any non-factory options you've specified (like spotlights for example) & get your number plates & tax sorted.

i'm not sure how long they take to go through thorne but your dealer should have your car ready 48 hours after they get it. they should be able to tell you when they are expecting delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you very much for the feedback. I cannot wait for the mini to get here!!! :cool: My dealer said it should be here by early november for week 48, and I am very excited..Thanks again!! :red: :green: :eb: :indi:

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
Mine arrived just over a month ago and was a week early !!!!!!!!! your dealer can 'track ' its progress from early production through to Thorne etc .
Gerard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts