MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have just ordered a MOD in Electric Blue with white roof, manual aircon and 16in alloys. I drove the One petrol and Cooper first, I reckon the D is the best, plenty of torque and the engine sound nicer than the petrol. I am hoping to start a driving school next year with it in the West Yorkshire area. Does anybody have any comments? :eb:

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Hello :)

I like your choice of colour, sounds good :)

Air-con probably is a good idea specially if your starting a driving school and going to use the car! :D

I like the ONE D i think its a nice car to drive, great all rounder really, good in town and on the country lanes, and also good on the motorway :)

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Hello and Welcome to MINI 2
I also have a MINI D on order, expected build date is February 05 for delivery March 05.
Any idea when you will be getting yours? :)
I have a couple of Pics of a EB D in my gallery that I test drove for the day :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interceptor said:
Also how are you getting the roof painted white? :)
I have ordered the car for the new 05 March 1st plate. The roof painting is being arranged by the dealer (Almondbury Huddersfield) for 350pounds inc. VAT

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Thats not bad-I was quoted £600 odd :(
Is it being done by approved BMW/MINI paintshop so it keeps the Paint warranty?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi,
I found that the alloys seem to attract the kerb ;) so I ditched them and put steelies on.
The learners wont know the difference.
Getting arond 50mpg with learners. On 3rd alternator and know one other adi who is on his 4th on One D.
You neede to have quick access to full size spare for test days/pass plus outings.

HTH

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
rovervitesserrdcom said:
Hi there, I have just ordered a MOD in Electric Blue with white roof, manual aircon and 16in alloys. I drove the One petrol and Cooper first, I reckon the D is the best, plenty of torque and the engine sound nicer than the petrol. I am hoping to start a driving school next year with it in the West Yorkshire area. Does anybody have any comments? :eb:
Welcome to Mini2
Good choice in colour :) - well theres quite a few of us in West Yorkshire and Yorkshire so feel free to come along to any of the runs when you get your car, hope you future clients dont kerb those 16" alloys :( - think the diesel is a good choice especially for what it looks like you are planning on using it for and the economy will be considerably better than my Cooper S...... enjoy the car and the website.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had my Mini One D since end of September and it is excellent. It is returning a steady 56mpg so visits to the fuel station are much fewer. The car doesn't seem flawed by any of the issues that some of the MC owners are having with their gearboxes (phew!). Infact the 6 speed box is a delight and seems to be getting better after the 3000 miles I've now clocked.

Don't think you'll be disappointed...a good choice (Group 4 insurance too :) )

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Lurcher1 said:
Stalybridge

Ahhh right, Thought you might of been in Chester area as keep seeing a Learner MINI driving around ! :)
Thought would check just in case it were u!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Grrrr why can't I get a MOD in the US!?!?! I wonder if I could get one if I swore to use home-brewed biodiesel? There's got to be a way!

·
Diesel Powered
290 Posts
rovervitesserrdcom said:
Good choice, I too am in West Yorkshire (traffic jam hell!) and if you're doing the sort of travelling that a driving school requires then the D is certainly more sense than the others. Had mine 9 months and no problems whatsoever - it's funny because I got a D for a long daily commute to work but I recently moved workplace so I can cycle in most days, so the Mini is now used for leisure use, days out shopping and going surfing to Cornwall. I did consider changing it for an S but I enjoy the D so much I'm going to keep it for years. There's no way I would want to go back to 25 mpg and an insurance group in the teens like I had with my old Clio 172, or I would have with an S or S Works. Blimey - gone from a Clio 172 to a One D and a bicycle for work, at this rate I'll be greener than Kermit the frog! :D

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
Bianchiboy said:
Good choice, I too am in West Yorkshire (traffic jam hell!) and if you're doing the sort of travelling that a driving school requires then the D is certainly more sense than the others. Had mine 9 months and no problems whatsoever - it's funny because I got a D for a long daily commute to work but I recently moved workplace so I can cycle in most days, so the Mini is now used for leisure use, days out shopping and going surfing to Cornwall. I did consider changing it for an S but I enjoy the D so much I'm going to keep it for years. There's no way I would want to go back to 25 mpg and an insurance group in the teens like I had with my old Clio 172, or I would have with an S or S Works. Blimey - gone from a Clio 172 to a One D and a bicycle for work, at this rate I'll be greener than Kermit the frog! :D
i know what you mean. i am thinking of changing to a diesel ;)

·
Clubman D
1,365 Posts
Right, I may be being a little silly here, but i just want to check.....
I ordered an Electric Blue OneD (back in August..) with Cloth/Lea Octagon sports seats in Red/Black. Is this a strange colour scheme, and will it look odd? Does anyone else have this colour combination, or think it will look o.k? I would welcome any opinions...... :confused:

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Hello-Any news on your week build yet? :)

I don't think I have seen that combo before, so would be different. Will you be leaving the whole car EB this time or getting roof painted/decals?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts