MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We spent a small fortune buying a 2019 Mini Cooper. We've had it a month now and this is what I've found about the car. The passenger seat slides forward but has no height adjustment, this is the first car in 40 years of driving, that i've had with a passenger seat that has no height adjustment. Secondly, the glove compartment has no light!! Apparently, that's an extra. I can't wait to find out what else is an extra, I better check that it comes with a dipstick to check the oil! This experience has made me realise how much I took for granted the previous cars I have owned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I fully understand and share your frustration. We bought our Cooper in 2019 also mainly because my wife wanted it and initially I really did not like it for similar reasons to yourself. However, looking at it objectively the fault was really down to me as I had not speced it properly. It was so bad that I was going to get rid once it became economically viable. However, once I got my head around the fact that I bore responsibility for the shortcomings I really started to warm to the car, so much so that once we arrive at the right point in the agreement we will be changing it for, another Mini Cooper but this time I know how to configure it. Older, wiser, well definitely older.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
makes you wonder when these cars are ordered from main stealers if salesman are told not to alert buyers of all the extras in fear of making people aware of the extra costs when start throwing better spec options off the list, vag group do same trick.. all the bmw range are same way very basic until click options boxes at big extra costs etc,

·
Registered
MINI Countryman Cooper S F60
38 Posts
We spent a small fortune buying a 2019 Mini Cooper. We've had it a month now and this is what I've found about the car. The passenger seat slides forward but has no height adjustment, this is the first car in 40 years of driving, that i've had with a passenger seat that has no height adjustment. Secondly, the glove compartment has no light!! Apparently, that's an extra. I can't wait to find out what else is an extra, I better check that it comes with a dipstick to check the oil! This experience has made me realise how much I took for granted the previous cars I have owned.
I hope you have now found that MINIs do not have dipsticks for the oil level ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have asked for the glove compartment light package and the seat height adjustment package. All the things we take for granted

·
Registered
MINI Countryman Cooper S F60
38 Posts
I should have asked for the glove compartment light package and the seat height adjustment package. All the things we take for granted
Understand to a certain extent your frustrations but when making such a high value purchase doing your homework is vital.
I hope you can get past these minor niggles and enjoy your MINI
Best wishes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts