MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
aka Nick
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched my MINI being driven off my the garage collection company.

Sold up while the prices are high and I can sell it, ordered a BMW 123d for September delivery.

Feel a bit gutted really, loved that little MINI but nearly out of warrenty and was getting sick of the ride on the 17" wheels with SS+.

Great car, really enjoyed driving it, had a real personality, gonna miss it but am sure I will like the 123d just as much, just sad seeing it being driven off knowing I will never see it again and wondering if the owner will look after it the same way I have. :(

Off to Sytner Cardiff I believe.

Stuck with a 1.3 Fiesta until September, great! :(

Cheer me up, tell me I have done the right thing!

·
MCS AB Owner! =D
325 Posts
Hi

You'll love the 123d, its a fantastic car, the engine is fantastic! :D

Picture of ours is attached

Ad
I disagree. I know I drove a 116i ES while my MINI Cooper S was in having the JCW Spoiler fitted. I hated it. IMO, it's pig ugly, the interior is awful and coated with hard plastic. I never felt the drive was very good either.

However, for the OP; hope you don't regret it. We're all different, thank-god :D.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
205bhp, rear wheel drive, ***** loads of torque, 0-60 in 7 secs dead and top end of 150mph and 54mpg, urrrr

Yeah!!!!, i think you made the right decision, good move, would love to see what a remap will do to it too,

The only thing you did do wrong is wait till september for it, i'd want it now.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Depends on certain circumstances, it's a hard decision to make, sounds like you have made the right choice to me. You will miss the MINI and no doubt will buy another ina few years :p

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
What about a Dooper? Less to tax, more efficient and keep the MINIness!;)

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Looks like GramPy and Cosper are off tomorrow and i know I'm gonna cry :-(

Looking forward to the new Dooper but i wont be either of my two babes.

I've warned the Dealership to be ready for tears, coz i bet their not used to someone being so attached to the car they're getting rid of :confused:

Any way, i know exactly how you feel, but with things how they are at the moment you know it makes sense. After all what's the use of having a car that you can't afford to go out in or depresses you each time you have to fill her up.

Just hope that GramPy and Cosper go to loving homes, and hope that i don't see anyone dawdling about in them. Those cars were born the be driven... :D:D

Jax

·
aka Nick
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You do get attached to them, strange really, but they do seem to have personality.

123d should be nice, wanted something a bit more substantial, more comfort on longer journeys, more power.

I think a 123d M Sport Coupe is a bit nicer to drive than a 116i hatch!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Doesn't matter how powerful it is - nothing handles like a MINI! Still, I hope it works out for you but nothing beats a MINI for driving pleasure!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like GramPy and Cosper are off tomorrow and i know I'm gonna cry :-(

Looking forward to the new Dooper but i wont be either of my two babes.

I've warned the Dealership to be ready for tears, coz i bet their not used to someone being so attached to the car they're getting rid of :confused:

Any way, i know exactly how you feel, but with things how they are at the moment you know it makes sense. After all what's the use of having a car that you can't afford to go out in or depresses you each time you have to fill her up.

Just hope that GramPy and Cosper go to loving homes, and hope that i don't see anyone dawdling about in them. Those cars were born the be driven... :D:D

Jax

Whats a dooper ???

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Selling my Mini was one of my biggest mistakes. No chance I can get another until at least next year :(

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Selling my Mini was one of my biggest mistakes. No chance I can get another until at least next year :(
This will be a long year for you! Still, sometimes absence brings you closer - basically you should love your next MINI even more!;)

·
aka Nick
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't like the R56, its looks fat and they have cheapend the inside, it just doesn't feel like a MINI anymore.

Agree with the drive though, they do drive fantastically, handling is like its on rails

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I don't like the R56, its looks fat and they have cheapend the inside, it just doesn't feel like a MINI anymore.

Agree with the drive though, they do drive fantastically, handling is like its on rails
Maybe they'll combine the old interior with the new shape?! That would be the best solution, however, the interior does look a bit better when sat nav is fitted!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts