MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the new Mini hadn't been built what car would you actually be driving instead????

I had a new VW Beetle that I bought new in 2000 before my MC and whilst I loved the Beetle at the time, its not a patch on my MC or hopefully my MCS that I have on order for next year. I figure I would possibly be still driving this if I hadn't fallen for the Mini - what about you all??? Would be interested to see if there is a similar type of taste in cars or whether the Mini is the common demoniator when it comes to motors!

julesxx

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
its a good question, just not sure of my answer :D

The other car i was looking at when i got the Cooper was an Alfa 147 which i would have probably bought if the mini wasn't around

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
MiniMeesch said:
A BMW 530d like we went out to buy in the first place ... but then we saw the MINI. :p
lol - size wasn't an issue then :D

Not sure really, and not sure I'd care what car I was driving if it weren't a MINI. I'm not a petrol head and the MINI is the first time I've really been taken by a car - it's not just the car but the fun and community that goes with it, and no other car has that. So probably driving a Laguna still I guess and debating whether to sell it now it's 4 years old

·
Registered
40 Posts
SoggyCornFlakes said:
lol - size wasn't an issue then :D

Not sure really, and not sure I'd care what car I was driving if it weren't a MINI. I'm not a petrol head and the MINI is the first time I've really been taken by a car - it's not just the car but the fun and community that goes with it, and no other car has that. So probably driving a Laguna still I guess and debating whether to sell it now it's 4 years old

Size? It should have been an issue! We went out for something big, safe, economical that wouldn't depreciate considering the 100 mile a day commute I was doing at the time.. then we saw the MINI, heart overruled head and we went for one on the condition that the MINI was a temporary measure/bit of fun whilst we sourced an import Golf GT TDI -- that didn't happen either - I'm on my second MINI! Brilliant! :p

·
Proud New Owner!
93 Posts
ooooh, excellent question!

I've been driving my '83 Honda for over 8 years now, and before that always had hand-me-down cars (a '72 AMC Hornet, an '80 Datsun). Before the MINI was announced I had my eyes on the newer VW Passat, or, for more affordability, the Jetta... but that was years and years ago. I couldn't imagine now wanting anything BUT the MINI !!

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
test drove a mini the weekend that they came out and decided then i would start savin for one!! three years and four cars later i picked up my mini!!

sure i would be driving another hot hatch if i didnt have the mini, most likely a civic type r or clio cup as every other car i've owned has been a hot hatch too.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
If the MINI hadn't come out I probably wouldn't have gotten rid of my Jetta so soon (although I HATED it). But as far as cars that are out now go, I really like the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 so I would probably get one of those if I didn't have my MINI.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.