MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

i have just fitted a k&n typhoon induction to my mc cab and since doing it i get the warning light on the dash thats a engine sybol to do with exhaust come up anyone know of a way of clearing it or if theres something ive done wrong during fitting, or has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is it the symbol thats described in the hand book as "increase in exhaust emissions", or the actual EML light. If its the latter, maybe an oxygen sensor failed....cant understand why an induction kit would cause this light.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply's however very spookily this morning got in her and started her up and the light no longer stays on....out of interest it was the "increase in exhaust emissions", light i think its settled down now and the gremlins have gone

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
yes had this alot on previous cars

your ecu will relearn itself as you go along but best bet is to reset it this is normally done by removing the fuses (not sure what they are on a mini) for 10 mins and then re inserting and starting up that way the reset happens almost instantly

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for that chaps, the only modding ive done before to an engine was on my old tigersupersix which had an old school ford pinto highly tunned and didnt have any of this moddern electronic trickerey!!! just basic and f'in fast lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts