MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vendor
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we'd like to introduce you K&N 69 Series Typhoon Black Cold Air Intake Kit that replaces the factory air intake system with a custom designed air intake tube and a free flowing K&N air filter. Estimated Horsepower Gain 6.55 HP @ 3200 RPM. Available for Mini Cooper 2014-2015.

Features:

- Custom designed and engineered for each application
- Works with OEM computer system
- Not legal for sale or use in California
- Available in various finishes
- Easy to install.

The K&N 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit increases airflow to your engine, raises horsepower and enhances your engine's appearance. It comes complete with everything necessary for installation, including comprehensive installation instructions.

Has any of you installed it already? Leave your comments and inquiries below, and don't forget to include your zip code!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
from actual experiments ive done and ive seen other people do cold air intakes do nothing all they do is make your engine look a little cooler.

I tested them on my 02 mini one

i gave her a full service to make sure she was in top health

oil

spark plugs

coil pack

ht leads

everything

she ran a base run of 87hp dead on which i grant is not a lot :big_grin: but its good for its age and mileage thats what the dyno man said.>:D

with the cold air intake she produced 85hp its only a little drop but with a cold air intake supposedly you gain hp::frown::

And before anyone says thats a base model those intakes wont make any difference.

i tried it on my modified 2003 mini cooper s a couple of years ago

first pull she produced 187hp

we did this a few times and got a consistent 187hp so thats our base mark.

with cold air intake she made nothing 187hp

we did another pull and he lost 2hp 185hp

so personally i concluded that they do nothing but bling up your engine bay and make that cool whoosh noise thats it..

FREE HOT AIR INDUCTIONS DECREASE HORSEPOWER FOR A FEE:big_grin:

MINI ONE TORQUE FIGURES 135NM STOCK

MINI ONE COLD AIR 129NM SIGNIFICANT DECREASE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts