MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Im thinking of fitting a K&N induction kit to my 2010 Mini Cooper S but I am a bit confused as to which kit I need.
After doing some research there appear to be 2 kits that claim to be compatable but I am not sure which one is correct.
There is this one: 69-2023TS
and this one 69-2004TTK
Does anyone know which one I should get? Anyone offer an opinion on whether its a good upgrade?

Many thanks
Dave

· Registered
13,570 Posts
Hi guys
Im thinking of fitting a K&N induction kit to my 2010 Mini Cooper S but I am a bit confused as to which kit I need.
After doing some research there appear to be 2 kits that claim to be compatable but I am not sure which one is correct.
There is this one: 69-2023TS
and this one 69-2004TTK
Does anyone know which one I should get? Anyone offer an opinion on whether its a good upgrade?

Many thanks
Dave
must keep the pcv pipe work ie breather system as will effect it eml lights and lag etc unless mapped out, cheapest option is a panel filter keep air box

· Registered
13,570 Posts
OK I think I know what has been confusing me. After looking at mini engine on the internet it appears I have a facelift N18 engine in my mini. Can anybody here confirm?
yep you sure have, can tell by the extra vanos soloniod on front of cylinder head. they really map well get some big bhp improvements with panel filter and sports cat etc,

· Registered
13,570 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im interested in the AEM 21-721C Cold Air Intake kit and K&N 69-2023TS
The AEM appears to be the better of the 2 because it has a scoop duck to feed cold air to the filter but I am concerned about rain water being drawn through the air scoop and a couple reports of the turbo heat shield cooking the valve cover!
I have found the AEM for a really good price though meaning it is only £50 more than the K&N.

· Registered
26 Posts
Im interested in the AEM 21-721C Cold Air Intake kit and K&N 69-2023TS
The AEM appears to be the better of the 2 because it has a scoop duck to feed cold air to the filter but I am concerned about rain water being drawn through the air scoop and a couple reports of the turbo heat shield cooking the valve cover!
I have found the AEM for a really good price though meaning it is only £50 more than the K&N.
You can get socks to cover your cone with to avoid rain damage I believe. I'm too scared to remove the fake scoop and do this for the exact same reason.

I'd like to get a cone intake for mine, but a little unconvinced that sticking a cone on in the same place with no way of getting any extra air is going to make a difference to much (except maybe the sound of course).

· Registered
13,570 Posts
You can get socks to cover your cone with to avoid rain damage I believe. I'm too scared to remove the fake scoop and do this for the exact same reason.

I'd like to get a cone intake for mine, but a little unconvinced that sticking a cone on in the same place with no way of getting any extra air is going to make a difference to much (except maybe the sound of course).
all engines need cold air feed as cold air molecules and more dense which added to fuel gives more power and also prevent pre-ignition, trouble with sticking a cone filter in engine bay is it just sucks all the hot air from the engine bay, where the factory air system pulls cold air from front of car you would lose power rather than gain any.. so cone needs to be mounted in a bin with pipe feed from front of car to gain anything if anything, and then the other issue is that engine must have its pcv system working or mapped out to run a intake filter,, running a k and n panel filter is by far the best way forward unless remapping it and mapping it all to run together,, then a sports cat and better exhaust might be a good thing maybe the whole hog forge the motor add a hybrid turbo,, best mod anyone can do is oil cooler radiator before adding power oil needs to be cool, and the prince engine runs high temp by design ie 109c where engine oil is tested at 100c

Reactions: jasonward69

· Registered
15 Posts
Here is a picture of my engine layout:
I still can't figure out which induction kit will fit. I would also consider a forge or alto kit. I just need a model number which will fit my mini please
Disco74, I'm reading with interest as I am also considering upgrading my air intake and exhaust on my 2013 Cooper S. Your engine picture looks like an N14 though - I think the N18 was introduced in 2011, along with the other 2nd gen changes shown here https://www.allmagautoparts.com/blogs/allmag-blog/r56-lci-facelift-changes-guide

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.