MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i'm a newbie here :p ! i am thinking about getting one of these cold air induction kits but i am unsure of which to get. From the induction kit poll i can see these two are both popular. Which could i expect more HP gain from? does the K&N a louder more aggressive sound?

thanks alot

alex

·
Registered
532 Posts
go the K&N route :D
I removed the Hamann foam filter (it aint the one they show on their site, which looks like a cotton filter of some sort) yesterday and what I find is that I've got dust on the clean side :eek:
the throttle body was filthy at the side of the butterfly too... had to clean it.
when I change back to stock the only filter going in there is the OEM filter.

Could be that the Hamann filter sucked :confused:
I don't know really.

its your preference :)
and welcome aboard

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
pro1 said:
Hi there, i'm a newbie here :p ! i am thinking about getting one of these cold air induction kits but i am unsure of which to get. From the induction kit poll i can see these two are both popular. Which could i expect more HP gain from? does the K&N a louder more aggressive sound?

thanks alot

alex
the pipercross should give a bigger gains as it's enclosed.

they both sound gud but I prefer the sound of the pipercross:)

·
schnitzer
174 Posts
thanks for the input guys some interesting ideas. cheers for the vids Rich_IX! ;)

still tempted by piperX though if anyone has any soundclips / vids to compare?

great forum :D

btw i'm mutilators brother (pro1)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.