MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then, we have a 2008 Dooper which has had an Angel tuning remap, DPF 'solution', EGR delete and K&N filter element, however......

It keeps displaying what can be best described as a kangarooing under hard acceleration, boost comes in fine and then power comes on and off like a switch!

No clue what this is but I can't sell it in this state and it does't show any fault codes either.......help please folks :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, air filter is new K&N for the remap and I dunno about the fuel....the strange thing is that it does't do it all the time. If I stop and turn the car off and on again the problem is temporarily cured......go figure?! :confused:

When were the fuel and air filters last changed?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sounds fuel related. I would start with the cheapest route and put a new fuel filter in. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.

Another possibility could be that the remap is causing issues.

Hi, air filter is new K&N for the remap and I dunno about the fuel....the strange thing is that it does't do it all the time. If I stop and turn the car off and on again the problem is temporarily cured......go figure?! :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will try the fuel filter but the fault is so sporadic it's hard to think it's that.......thinking the map but they've had it back once and couldn't replicate the problem?! Very frustrating!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right then........changed the fuel filter and no different. Only does it occasionally but it cripples the car when it does! Any other thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts