MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas Eve morning I noticed that some low life had tried to take the MINI badge off the back of my Cooper.
Thankfully (in a way) the badge snapped where they had tried to lever it off and must then have decided to give up and crawl back into the hole from which they came.
Unfortunately, it now has lots of scratches around the badge and will need to go in to BMW for a little attention.
What is wrong with these idiots!?

BTW. Was that you I passed going up Cleeve Hill (Cheltenham) on Christmas Eve morning GV51....(I think)?
If so, nice stripes. ;-)

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Hanny said:
Christmas Eve morning I noticed that some low life had tried to take the MINI badge off the back of my Cooper.

What is wrong with these idiots!?
Lets form our own MINI RESCUE SERVICE consisting of a van, dark clothing and baseball bats and gives these idiots a ?*!!&***~##~#ing!!!! ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm sorry R1 but I disagree with that.
These people were just never loved by their Mothers and therefore need to be sent on a long holiday to..........
Narghhh you're right, screw it, let's hang 'em :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
BMW, Alfa Romeo, Holden all have the same problem......Oh hang on a minute, no, the Holden ones just drop off.

Perhaps if MINI sold them at the dealers for next to nothing (or give them away!) it would stop these little sh**ts.

It's the same mentality of the bloody kids lighting fires here. Another solution would be to stick or paint the badge on....but yuk!. Maybe stick em on with velcro and keep a stack in the boot. Save damage I guess.

How much ARE new ones I wonder ?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Why would they want a Mini sign??

They ain't exactly cool as VW were thanks to the beastie boys :mad:

I know how you feel though, I used to get my VW sign stolen a few times when I had my Golf. I wish manufactures would make them easier to come off. That way they don't damage your car in the process. That annoyed me more than them nicking the sign.

LMB :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I picked up my Cooper on the 25th of September and by the end of that month, all the dust-caps had gone from the wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the badge taken from the back of my cooper within 3 days of having it, the dustcaps taken twice, but nothing else in the last 2 or 3 weeks (touch wood).

And for those who are interested, the rear badge costs £11 (inc vat) to replace. My dealership did this for me within a couple of days. They're very easy to replace, they're basically just a big sticker with two pegs which go into the bodywork!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts