MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens to the replaced parts in a JCW conversion? Is the cost of a JCW tuning kit conversion ~$6k plus 'loss' of the replaced supercharger, engine parts and exhaust?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered an MCS with JCW last week, and asked that question. My rep told me that the parts are "exchanged" for the JCW parts, so unless he's jerking my chain, the answer is that we do not keep the take offs.

·
1963 Mini -- 2004 MINI
51 Posts
Makes you wonder

what they do with the exchanged parts. :confused: Do they go on some poor unsuspecting customers car as "new". :mad: Perhaps a mechanic on this forum could enlighten us.
Alan

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm pretty sure that in the UK you get to keep the old parts.

I don't have a JCW myself (yet :D ) but a quick scan of www.ebay.co.uk brings up loads of entries for old pre-JCW conversion cylinder heads, chargers & exhausts.

I always thought that keeping hold of these parts would pay dividends when old out of warranty MCS's start needing replacement parts. :confused:

Perhaps a UK-based JCW owner could enlighten me?

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Makes the JCW conversion look wildly expensive when put this way... :rolleyes: :p

$9600 for the kit in Oz.

·
Electric!
10 Posts
Jon737 said:
What happens to the replaced parts in a JCW conversion? Is the cost of a JCW tuning kit conversion ~$6k plus 'loss' of the replaced supercharger, engine parts and exhaust?
The cylinder head and supercharger are returned to BMW, but the other parts are kept by the dealer.
Most dealers will just put the left over parts in the bin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts