MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenwood Electronics UK Ltd. | Movies > KDC-BT8041U

Anyone know much about the above unit?

Im looking for something with built in bluetooth and ipod connection, and that seems to fit the bill.

My main concern is the colour - will it look totally odd in the MCS with it being blue and everything else in the car lit up orange!

Bizarrely even though the microsite is up, the product itself isnt on the Kenwood site!

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
we have these on pre order when I came away they still were not available. A better bet for mini owners is the model down on our site 6541 it has selectable colour just the Bluetooth is a hideaway box

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Just received an update from my account manager at kenwood
This unit is now going to be released September
They are suggesting using the 6041 or 6541 with the bluetooth module added on

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn.

September is damned far away!!

Halfords site is listing it as in stock ive been told! Might make a few enquiries there to make sure its not just pre-orders.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just spoke to caraudiodiscount - they have sold 3 this week and have had limited stock since last week.

Hmm...bloody odd!!

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Complete change of story today :(
They once again said September so I ask how come Hal***** have them?
Arhhh, well they agreed to buy the entire initial stock, they are the only people with it.
So howcome Caraudio******** have them? DO they - I'll ring you back :( :(
:(

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm ... not really a level playing field from Kenwoon there then - and bloody unfair as well to the little guy (as per usual!)

I bet i finally track one down only to not like it!

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Really annoyed by this having been one of their dealers since day 1 back in the days when they were called Trio.
Think its happening all over the place though (look at the exhaust thread were one shop has got exclusivity on a certain exhaust)
Will be talking to other dealers about this - think the best thing we can do is increase our pre orders so they get lots in & then cancel just before they go out so their stuck with the things
Hardly going to make me loyal to the brand is it?
Off to talk to parrot about improving the 8200

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I spoke to Car audio discount and the guy said he had sold the units and that if i put an order in i could get them for the back end of next week - he was selling them for £169.99 as well - £30 less then halfrauds!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Managed to finally get one off a mate in the trade - and at a bloody good price as well!

If anyone wants one let me know via PM - dont wanna start giving prices out here and this turning into a sales thread!

Should get mine tonight!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Managed to finally get one off a mate in the trade - and at a bloody good price as well!

If anyone wants one let me know via PM - dont wanna start giving prices out here and this turning into a sales thread!

Should get mine tonight!
Any chance of you taking some pix of yours when fitted?

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Spoke to kenwood again - they are adamant that no dealers have had these, so they must be getting grey imports from another country!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope .. they are def UK units and not grey imports!

Ive ordered the fitting kit from mikey so hopefully have it fitted next weekend, its sitting at home with me here at the mo - and comes with a remote control!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts