MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone kerbed their alloys yet? I'm worried that when I get my new Mini it may happen to me because I do it a lot with my current car!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Got a small graze on the rim of my 15" 8 spokes but it's not really noticable.

I think someone mentioned the touch up paint which matched the white in a previous thread, use the search function if you're worried...

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Guys I think it was cmt and he's got silver wheels.

But there is a simple solution to kerbing your wheels park more carefully or better still get someone else to park it for you that way if they get kerbed its not your fault.:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
can you get slightly wider tyres for the new wheels yet? then you can let the tyre wall take the strain, leaving your wheels intact.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Ive got a telephone number at home for a company that repairs damaaged alloys for around £35-80 quid I think :confused:
Will get the number later, its always handy to have :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Avoiding kerbing alloys

I'm paranoid about that too.

When reversing into a space I flip the ns mirror down with the remote control thingy so I can see how close I'm getting to the kerb. It helps & is another reason to be glad of the generous standard spec on the MINI.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Re: Avoiding kerbing alloys

ricardo said:
I'm paranoid about that too.

When reversing into a space I flip the ns mirror down with the remote control thingy so I can see how close I'm getting to the kerb. It helps & is another reason to be glad of the generous standard spec on the MINI.
On my step-fathers 3-series, the passenger mirror automatically moves down to show the kerb when you put it in reverse. I don't think the MINI can be programmed to do this, but I dont see why not. It is supposed to have the same electrical system.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you've spec'd 15s, then your sidewall profile will be that much larger than the 16s and 17s, and therefore you're less likely to spend you life kerb-grinding.... Which is precisely why I bought mine with the 15s....
Besides, they tyres are cheaper and I get to carry the space-saver spare!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Daewoo Touch-Up (oo-er)

So did the Daewoo touch up paint mentioned in the other thread on this work guys? Monsta??? Great start to the week..... and I thought I was doing really well to have had my car since thge beginning of November and not kerbed it yet. AR$£!!!

kjs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts