MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am looking to buy a (gen 2) MINI having had my MINI One (gen 1) for 8 years now, from new. My question involves the programming options on the Gen 2 keys.

On my current car I have single point locking, speed locking, unlock on key off, headlamp follow me home, wiper speed step back, key fob boot unlock, key fob interior light on. At the time all the above were dealer programming but I have been told Gen 2 cars are different. I have found a previous thread re Gen 1 but have found nothing for Gen 2.

Can anybody tell me what is available on Gen 2 cars?

My current car has a trip computer but the car I have looked at only has the temp / speed readout. Can this be coded into the car by the dealer on a gen 2 car? :hmph:

Many thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
You have all the above and more on the Gen 2. However, it would seem it is the car that is programmed and that then carries over on to the key in use. Radio stations and even ac settings I think are also copied.
So to recap, the door unlock combination (driver only, both, and boot are set via the car. This goes too for the lights for showing you home and length of time that they are on, the indicator turn signal (1,2 or 3 flashes), alarm confirm off/on flash and many other functions are held in the key. No dealer participation is required.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Dermottdog
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing