MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE OUT THERE FANCY A TRACK DAY AT KNOCKHILL IF SO HOW DO WE ORG IT? HELP PLEASE :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Knockhill have days set aside for the public - next one 31st March.

£42 to get your car on the track including insurance (for others I suspect - not for your car).

Check www.knockhill.co.uk

They have been enforcign a new rule lately that says your car must be over a certain value (£10k I think) to stop the 'Jimmy Janspeeds' in their clapped out fiesta XR2's !

Renting the track for a dedicated day would cost a small fortune!

Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the info, glad to see that knockhill are putting a min value of car on it sounds crule but thats life, hopefully this rule will stop the arseholes running the day in there go faster mobiles.
will you be attending this day? would be good to put in a strong show of new minis to show other cars what cornering is all about,
:cool:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Knockhill will rent the circuit to private groups for a set fee then the more people the cheeper it works out,
The over £10,000 rule is only at certain events and the public hot hatch days are not what you would want for your new mini.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
totally agree that the hot hatch days are not for the new mini, have you any sugestions on how to get a day up and running, do you think that the organisers of this sight could point me in the right direction of org this?
would you be intrested in this idea ?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
yes I'm up for it depending on when cos I have a lot on but first one of us should contact Knockhill for prices

·
Registered
330 Posts
LOL.

With a name like mine, I guess I'd better give it a swerve (Knockhill AND your mini!). And I don't think the rental company would be too impressed if I gave them the Vectra back with bald tyres and a knac*ered engine :D .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont mind contacting knockhill, like yourself i have a lot on but can always make time for a thrash :D will post you the prices or whatever info i get next week:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts