MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - getting some replacement alloys and the standard supply come with pre-fit Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 205/45/17 tyres... not really had any dealings with Kuhmo before and wondered what anyone's opinion is on them. Noticed a few people have them in different sizes.

I am wondering if its gonna be worth a couple of hundred £'s more to upgrade to something else or whether these are good anyway :confused: ?

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
i am doing the same, getting new alloys, these tyres come with mine, so any help would be great, did opt for these over Toyos, as they have a tendancy to be useless in damp conditions, also kumhos where 100 quid cheeper

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
I run a set in 16 in. They're pretty good tires. I run them in auto-x. Pretty good in the wet, not as good as my street tires in the wet but still good. Very good dry.
Quite a loud whine at highway speeds.

·
Now With More Cowbell
1,687 Posts
I ran some for a year on my Honda Civic SiR. They were good tires in geenral and excellent for the money, though for whatever reason I had trouble getting them balanced. It took three tries at two differing shops to get it right.

-CW

·
Registered
93 Posts
I run a set of these on my tricked out CRX-Si (My daily driver) and love them! I used to run the Dunlop SP-8000's and those were softer. These seem to handle as well or better and have a much harder tread wear rating. Great tire in the rain and excellent in the dry. I test the handling on an expressway on-ramp near my house. It's a slightly banked 1/8 mile loop. With the Dunlop's I was hitting 56mph at the exit and with the Kuhmo's 58mph before they started making noise (Howling understeer). No problems with balancing and they seem to ride a little nicer than the Dunlops. I will definatly buy these again when my Mini needs tires. Hopefully I'll get alot more miles out of these. Excellent tire for the money. :)

;) :green:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts