MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my mini threw a misfire code and high absolute pressure in the manifold code yesterday and seemed down on high end power by a lot. I cleared the misfire code and it hasn't come back. Did a compression test this morning and cylinder 1 seemed low at 130psi. Cylinder 2 was around 140, cylinder 3 and 4 were at 148-150. Cylinder 2-4 spark plugs all look dark around the base but cylinder 1 looked decent. They were replaced about 3500 miles ago, so I'm not sure how well you can read them now. There is a clicking sound over 5k RPM that only happens at WOT (Listen for it at the end of the video). The noise sounds like its from the back of the engine near the transmission. When I rev it in neutral this doesn't happen. Would y'all say this is a blown head gasket, cracked ring, or something else entirely?
I'm able to drive it normally shifting at 3200, but when I give it the beans it hits 4000 rpm and falls on it's face and the acceleration is awful! It could potentially be pulling timing.
I have a 15% reduced pulley that I installed 4000 miles ago and the P0108 code showed up when I installed that, but I didnt have any issues with power until now. Replaced the timing chain around 2000 miles ago. There is a ticking noise coming from around the cylinder 3 or 4 injector area at idle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts