MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let anyone wanting a Laser Blue factory JCW they now have this colour as an option on the configurator.

I know from reading otrher threads many are interested in the JCW but would not order due to not wanting one of the first 4 colours available.

I test drove one in August , very very impressed, currently have a R53 MCS but if laser is now available it looks I might now upgrade;)

Will contact my dealer tomorrow to confirm if colour is really available now.

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
You couldnt change from red to blue surely? lol. It looks nice and its an awesome colour, but it would still be red/black or red and white for me!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to dealers today to have another test drive of thier JCW and to get a price of one specced up.
Thier one is now run-in so could give it some. Must say it is even better than when I previously drove it. Brakes are superb, did notice the steering pull as you gave it some, but not too bad. Very easy to drive through town, on bendy roads as well as dual carraigeways. Also noticed not as harsh a ride as my R53 MCS on country roads.

It was a nice sunny day so drove with windows / sunroof open and the exhaust niose is awsome, the pop was even louder than I had imagined from other threads. With windows up it was there but not too loud.

Well after about an hours test drive out on my own, went back into showroom and about another hour later walked out afetr signing up for a laser blue JCW:)

I have specced as follows
Laser Blue with Black roof.
Chilli pack
MFSW
Visibililty pack - heated screen, rain sensor, auto light, auto dim mirror
Heated mirrors, washer jets
Sunroof
Navigation
Punch leather heated seats.

Have not specced sprts suspension yet but that can be added before the order is sent on Monday so if anyone has thoughts if they have it I would be pleased to know, but in meantime will search through threads

Have been given a estimate of end of Oct for delivery. Not a long wait but it will seem to pass very slow.

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
Have not specced sprts suspension yet but that can be added before the order is sent on Monday so if anyone has thoughts if they have it I would be pleased to know, but in meantime will search through threads

Have been given a estimate of end of Oct for delivery. Not a long wait but it will seem to pass very slow.
To me buying a JCW without sports suspension seems completely stupid. To buy a performance model and opt for a comfort based suspension setup makes no sense! Anyway, when i tested the car it had sports suspension and in an R56 this is firm but not crashy like an R53. Thats just my opinion - ive gone more extreme and got the dealer fit JCW suspension.

Id say what is the car for - if its for plodding along and long motorway journeys, then maybe you'd be better off with the standard suspension, but then maybe you'd be better off with an MCS! If you want to fully exploit the increased performance in the JCW then id say sports suspension is a must!

Sorry to come across harsh to JCW owners with standard suspension, but to me it a little half arsed. :eek:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Are they no new colours in the pipeline from Mini. Nice spec, you gotta have the sport suspenion. Why would you not take it , nobody buys a JCW for the ride.

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
Are they no new colours in the pipeline from Mini. Nice spec, you gotta have the sport suspenion. Why would you not take it , nobody buys a JCW for the ride.
Yeah a new blue called Horizon Blue and a new Black. Don't think anyone has seen them yet. Think they are available from christmas. Theres a thread on here somewhere with more accurate info.

·
MCS AB Owner! =D
325 Posts
I guess you mean "unique" colours for the JCW only like you do with other hot hatches. A nice bright orange or extremely dark blue or even a "pure" white to set the car apart from the rest of the range.

I guess in the eyes of BMW with the brand, the name MINI sells itself and I guess most people won't be bothered there's not a unique colour for the JCW.

Shame Astro Black is going though :(.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies about the sport suspension. I only realised I had not added it when i got home as you have to specifically order it, and totally forgot while at dealers.
I sort of knew what the response would be but its nice to get confirmation / views.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Softer suspension has the advantage of keeping the tyres in contact with the ground more often which amongst other things improves traction. I prefer the stiffer springs on my R53 than the R56 JCW springs so I am not against sports suspension just thought I would put the other side of the argument forward as it isn't as "obvious" a choice as some might suggest.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There is supposed to be new colours from Xmas

Bright Green
Pastel Pink
Citrus Orange
this new Blue colour "horizon" is new to the list

BRG
Sparkling Silver
and one other colour will be dropped from the line-up to make room for the new colours (info came from insider...)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I still think that PW/B is the greatest colour ever:D:D:D:D
I agree, the pepper white is a classic colour and looks fantastic with the black roof. My R53 MCS is in this combo, but when you get a new car its nice to have a change so that you feel as if its a new car. I ordered my JCW in PW/B but changed it to laser blue/black when it became available for that reason. I'm just hoping I won't miss it too much :confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Softer suspension has the advantage of keeping the tyres in contact with the ground more often which amongst other things improves traction. ....... side of the argument forward as it isn't as "obvious" a choice as some might suggest.

Agreed - on the type of roads we have in the UK then standard suspension is probably a better compromise and I would guess on a bumpy twisty country road that standard suspension would be easier/faster to drive without having underwear challenging moments. I agree if you track the car a lot then sports suspension would give better track performance but public roads are not racetracks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts