MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm trying to fit a laser jammer to my Cooper. Anyone know a good place to get a wire from the engine bay into the car? :green:

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lift the bonnet and as you face it there's a rubber grommet on the right hand side underneath the windscreen. This takes through some other wires and cables to the inside of the car. Just prise this aside or make the hole slightly bigger and then push your wires through, you can tape your wires to a coathanger and push it through if the laser jammers wire is not very sturdy. Then Go round into the car and stuck your hand up above the accelerator pedal and feel for the cable and coathanger. It make take a bit of fiddling but works fine.
Good luck guys

·
Registered
371 Posts
Rob,

Depending on what side of the car you need to run the cable...

- Take the Glovebox out (don't have to do this but it is quick to remove and allows you to see what you are doing).
- Poke your wire from the inside out. The wire will come out below a shield behind the windscreen wipers by the ABS unit.
- As mentioned use something pointed to poke the wire through. You will find it a lot easier if you coat the wire in silicone oil, washing up liquid etc. to help it through.
- In the big rubber grommet there are some additional unused tubes if you can get to them.

The attached picture shows the power cable for my ICE install going through from the inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone else fitted a laser jammer to a Mini? Where did you put the transponder on the front?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts