MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mini Cooper Convertable
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a new roof fitted by my local MINI dealer and now my passenger footwell fills up with water! :angry:

On the drivers side of the roof above the door the roof is fitted tight against the rubber above the door glass - I can only lift the roof very slightly.
However on the passenger side of the car I can lift the roof enough to put my hand in.

Does anyone else have this problem? and if possible could someone upload photos of where the roof touches the rubber above the door glass on their mini?

Thanks

James

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
I recently had a new roof fitted by my local MINI dealer and now my passenger footwell fills up with water! :angry:

On the drivers side of the roof above the door the roof is fitted tight against the rubber above the door glass - I can only lift the roof very slightly.
However on the passenger side of the car I can lift the roof enough to put my hand in.

Does anyone else have this problem? and if possible could someone upload photos of where the roof touches the rubber above the door glass on their mini?

Thanks

James
Not quite sure what you mean James, but sorry to see your first post has to be about a problem with the convertible!

If the front passenger floorwell is filling up, I wonder if the water is coming in from the front corner, where the door window seal is? I know that from time to time when I wash the car, water seeps in at this point. Hopefully the front seal (between the roof mechanism and the windscreen frame) is good all the way along.

But as your roof was fitted by the dealer - tell them about it, get them to fix it, and demand a courtesy car while they are about it!

(Was this a roof replacement in or out of warranty?)

Ian

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Hi James, this will be a simple one to fix, drive the car to your dealer, tell them about the problem, and demand they correct it. They returned the car to you with this problem, it's up to them to resolve it. Whether the work was done under warranty or not, the onus is on them to complete the work to a satisfactory standard.

Get the car inspected by the dealer again without delay.

Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts