MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My wife has a mini convertible cooper on a 54 plate. To cut a long story short its just out of warranty and it goes for its second service and i keep getting leaks now.

First two leaks fixed one £750 managed to get it down to £180 via customer care the second £130 all in about 2 weeks.

Now it seems to have developed yet another leak!!! 28000 on the clock!!!

I have looked all over the net but cannot find out what the part the leak seems to be from actually is. Its coming from the silver sort of beer can shaped thing, i have enclosed pictures, any help would be welcome and also costings as my local BMW garage IMO are robbing gits!! The fluid seems to be watery but slightly black and seems to have stopped, maybe as all the fluid has leaked out!!! Please help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
It is your engine mounting which is oil filled rubber that is leaking. It will require replacement with a new part, phone your local MINI parts dept with the part number below for a price. (Check part number on realoem.com with your actual chassis number entered as I did not know exact month your car was built or spec.)
See realoem.com link below for diagram, details and part number:-
RealOEM.COM * BMW R52 Cooper ENGINE SUSPENSION

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Mine had one done under warranty. One question for if it happens again - how easy is it to repair yourself, or is it an engine out kind of job?

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I live in tameside and work on minis for a living so if your local to me i could help you out.
Ah thanks for that - If it goes again, I'll give you a message.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine had one done under warranty. One question for if it happens again - how easy is it to repair yourself, or is it an engine out kind of job?
I'm not too sure what is involved, mine is leaking and is being done under warrenty.
The guy in change of service told me its only a hours job, so I can't see it being an engine out job, prob just support engine and change mount?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts