MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read all the other posts on leaky boots i should know this answer but normally the answers lead to the rear brake light leaking.. i dont think thats what mine is..
i have loads of water come into the boot under the carpet in the tools section and to the right handside of the boot i think its the actual boot seal? and if its the boot seal does anyone know how much roughly these are to replace??

thanks Net x:red:

·
Registered
286 Posts
It's the light, the water gets in the hatch through the light seal and runs down the hatch hinge upon opening the hatch and goes into the boot. Mine was just the same. I relocated the light seal back to the original location with glue and it has been fine for years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the light, the water gets in the hatch through the light seal and runs down the hatch hinge upon opening the hatch and goes into the boot. Mine was just the same. I relocated the light seal back to the original location with glue and it has been fine for years.
Thanks for that will check it out -- any paticular glue ??

·
Registered
208 Posts
also check the boot lid handle seal & fixing points and rear wiper spindle as they are probly also leaking... I had the plastic trim off my boot with someone pouring water on the rear window coz i was trying to find the source of the leak but it turned out my boot lid was like a sieve lol. sorted it by siliconing up all the leaky areas from the inside, now its sorted

·
The Original ©
525 Posts
also afraid you need to check under your front seats as it's not well known but if you've had a leak for a while there is a good chance the water can run from the boot to the low point under the seats. Happened to me and it a real PAIN in the arse!! Took 3 days to dry it out. Then a day to put it back together. Hope this makes sense if not pm me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts