MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Now in Hot Orange
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Having had my MCSC for just over a week, and it experiencing its first set of wet weather (I have been remarkedly lucky with the weather in so far), I'm experiencing some sort of leak on my roof (on the drivers side).

I haven't talked about it to the dealer yet, I'm still trying to work out details, so as to (hopefully) make the fix quicker.

A couple of times, I've gotten to my car in the morning after overnight rain and seen (through the window) a small puddle of water in the middle of the front of the drivers seat.

Opening the door produces what I'm going to generously define as a torrent of water from somewhere in the roof, some of which seems to fall onto the steering wheel and round into the middle of the seat.

Also when I drive off another so called torrent spils out onto the trim just behind the drivers seat.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so do you know what the issue is?

I can imagine having to put up with some water falling down when I open the doors (There isn't much of a gutter to stop that; and this is my first convertible), but surely I shouldn't be seeing it on the drivers seat and it falling out (almost) onto the back seats?

Cheers,

Simon.,

PS. Absolutely loving the car - The driving experience is excellent...

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Leaky Roof?

You should DEFINITELY not be experiencing this! Get the dealer to look at it right away!
You have an absolute right to expect the car to be watertight....and to have a courtesy car while it is being fixed.....

I've had my Cooper Cabrio for over 3 months, and certainly haven't experienced anything like this!

Good luck!

Ian

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having rained the night before, on my third full day of ownership of my MSCS, I opened the door to drive to work that morning only to be shocked that my passenger side front seat was soaked. I drove to work, called the dealership, and they said to come in for service. I waited quite a while and finally, I drove off with my loaner, a Cooper w/CVT. (I'm sure glad I got the S with a stick!) Not hearing anything by 4:00 pm, I called in to find out the service rep had gone home sick, and that my car was ready. (I'm quite sure I would not have received a call had I waited. Great service, huh?) The person who took my call was extremely helpful though, telling me my car had been thoroughly water tested for leaks and none were found. Finally, after much debate, it was decided that somehow, my passenger side door didn't seal well when I closed it. Thankfully, it hasn't happened since. I agree that you should tell the dealer immediately about your roof leakage. Good luck!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well I just found out one reason my car is leaking

Check out these pictures. Glad to know that Mini is suppose to have amazing quality control and this was missed. AS you can see this is the corner between my door and front windshield which is coming apart after only 2 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Experienced a week of rain where I am, and my car is parked outside. Several heavy thunderstorms.

I have NOT experienced any leak like that.

Only annoyance I have is driving with the top down in light rain is kind of cool... Except for the water sliding off the edge of the windshield onto the door :eek:

·
Happy Motorer!
60 Posts
We have had several days of heavy rain, and my car has been in the garage most of the time. However, I left it parked in the rain for about an hour today and noticed when I got back to the car there was water on the passenger's seat. It appeared to have dripped from the joint at the end of the sunroof opening. I checked to make sure the windows were all the way up (they were). Is this normal for a convertible, that it would leak a little periodically, or should I have it checked?

·
Registered
384 Posts
None of these rag tops should be leaking. If it does, make an appointment at your dealer right away! :mad:

I've driven rag tops forever, the last one being an S2000 and NONE of them had roof issues or water leaks...so these issues to me, are complete unacceptable...!! :(

Chow!

Donna :p :D :p

·
Now in Hot Orange
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my dealer had a look at my car yesterday, and they're going to replace three seals, so I assume something was amiss somewhere

Unforunately they are on back order. I was asked whether I wanted to keep the Micra I was given as a courtesy car, or have have mine back whilst they wait for them... Hmm.... Tricky one that!

That means my car is almost averaging a seal failure a week - I hope that doesn't continue! The leak did get a lot better however after opening and closing the roof on the nicer days last week - or alternatively it might not of rained in the right way since the original problem!

Simon.,

·
Registered
48 Posts
The seal seems to be the final solution with prior possibilities. I had a small leak problem at the junction of the convertible roof seal and the door-frame seal and the guys up at Mini of Peabody were able to solve it by changing the angle of the window.

-- Ian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.