MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do :confused:

At the moment my MINI is specced to come with full black leather.
Do I stick with that or do I get the seats custom trimmed after I take delivery :confused:

I've seen (and love) the seats in this post, http://www.mini2.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1201626&postcount=59 (scroll down) but I haven't seen the rear and I don't want to pay MINI prices either.

How many people here have had customs retrims??
Pics, thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. :)

HELP!!!!!! :p :p :D

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I have full black factory leather in mine, and I am not putting it on my next car as it bags too much, however I would consider having something special done at a later stage like you are suggesting;)

Take a look at the gallery belonging to Loui he has a custom retrim:)

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well just popped in to look at all my replies :rolleyes:

Rakey, I looked at Loui's gallery, sadly no pics of seats showing re-trim :(

Thoughts on alcantara please also, good :confused: bad :confused: bugger to clean :confused:

I have an uphosterer in mind to do the job and plan on visiting him on Friday to see about pricing :)

time to head to work again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I've had a word guy in Bradford who does full retrims, and he quoted me £900 for full leather.

Veronica

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Veron781 said:
I've had a word guy in Bradford who does full retrims, and he quoted me £900 for full leather.

Veronica
Thanks Veronica, I'm hoping I can get it for around £800. The guy I have in mind does great work, I've just got to actually find time to get myself there and see what he can do for a MINI. I'll be printing out any pics I find and taking them with me.

Bianchiboy said:
Hi buddy, not long now eh! One of the best known retrims in a Mini 2 is Mini Cruiser's yellow one, her gallery is at http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/gallery_3923.html but I've never seen it in the flesh :( but I know plenty of people have mentioned her car at runs I've been to, looks amazing by all accounts!
Hi mate, yea I've checked her gallery and there's some nice pics there. I can't see me doing the same with white where she has yellow. It would be a nightmare to keep clean I think :rolleyes:
Have you been waving at a certain Silver One ;) :p :D

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Veron781 said:

Veronica
I'd be very interested in seeing what this guy can do too;)

Newton Commercial are professional MINI retrimmers maybe there are some pics on their site?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought the Cordoba Leather on my Mini and am happy with it.

On my previous car, Nissan Pathfinder, I wanted leather but the car was delivered to the dealer with cloth seats. Instead of getting the factory leather seats, the dealer sent it to a local shop to have the seats recovered. They did this for the same price as the factory and I didn't realize it wasn't factory leather till I picked up the car. This is when they explained it to me.

But! Comparing the Factory Leather with the upholstery shop's leather, the factory was inferior. The custom leather was softer and looked a little more refined. I owned the car for 12 years and it held up quite well.

So if you have the cash on hand and are willing to deal with the down time while they recover your seats, then by all means Go For It! If you are confident that the shop is reputable then you'll definitely be happy, since you can pick your quality and shade as well.

Especially if you save some money!:D

·
Diesel Powered
290 Posts
tnoy66 said:
Hi mate, yea I've checked her gallery and there's some nice pics there. I can't see me doing the same with white where she has yellow. It would be a nightmare to keep clean I think :rolleyes:
Have you been waving at a certain Silver One ;) :p :D
Yes I wave at every mini I see! I thought I had better make the most of it before my car gets seriously upstaged 'round these parts' once yours arrives! :eek:

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bianchiboy said:
Yes I wave at every mini I see! I thought I had better make the most of it before my car gets seriously upstaged 'round these parts' once yours arrives! :eek:
:eek: dunno what you mean :eek:

Loui said:
Unfortunately not :( I get the following message :confused:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/websites/mini2mini/public_html/newboards/modules/gallery/classes/User.php on line 90

So I went hunting on mini2mini and found them :D Thanks :)

·
230whp an counting
3,056 Posts
Sorry it didnt work, glad you managed to find it, been really pleased with the job that was done on it :D the guy who did it does all the back seats for COBRA in Telford :D

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right I'm back from the trimmer with some prices :)

I took over a few pics and the MINI brochure.
To do a retrim like this :D :D :D :D (yup this is what I want)

or this

will be £850 for the seats only. I didn't ask about door panels or gaitors as I don't need those doing.
This price is dependant on him having the colour you want. As for me wanting a Peppery White/ Vanilla colour :rolleyes: , it'll be a bit more (different leather supplier), price to be confirmed later.

He would need the seats for about 1 week and he's currently booked up to mid Feb, I'm pencilled in for Feb sometime, depending on when my MINI comes.

Linky to his website is here http://www.mjinteriors.co.uk contains pics, some basic pricing info, directions and history.

Rakey, if you're out and about tomorrow and fancy seeing his work, call in ( I mentioned someone else was interested in a retrim). He has some rather nice black leather/blue alcantara seats sat waiting for despatch.

:eek: I forgot to ask about embroidery, I quite fancy a nice red 'S' logo on the sides of the front headrests :D I'll be calling him tomorrow :rolleyes:

Airbags are no problem, apart from turning off the warning light after you've activated it. He's going to find out if it can be turned off by the guy who turns off the VW ones.
I don't suppose anybody has some spare seats I could borrow for a week :confused: :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts