MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you get leather seats, do you get a leather shift cover, knob and the leather brake handle? Or, do you still have to order those separately?

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
You get Vinyl Covers, at least with panther black leather. The bottom half of the shift knob is leather.

I think you can order the hanbrake cover in oanther black leather separatly, but not as a factory installed option. Kind of strange since you can get both covers in cordoba beige leather.

If you want to have matching lather covers for both, try www.redlinegoods.com (charcoal grey mathes best)

Piccie of my set is attached.

Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cooper4me said:
You get Vinyl Covers, at least with panther black leather. The bottom half of the shift knob is leather.

I think you can order the hanbrake cover in oanther black leather separatly, but not as a factory installed option. Kind of strange since you can get both covers in cordoba beige leather.

If you want to have matching lather covers for both, try www.redlinegoods.com (charcoal grey mathes best)

Piccie of my set is attached.

Cheers

Thanks for the info!

So the boots aren't leather, but the shift knob bottom is. How about the brake handle?

·
Registered
76 Posts
the brake handle is rubber - you can get it in leather together in a set with the panther black hanbrake cover from MINI - but without the leather shift boot. :rolleyes: :confused:

strange product line there - I take it the MCS brake handle needs to be very grippy for those handbrake turns, that are to come in winter :D

·
Small + Car = Big Smiles
368 Posts
Hi There,

I just replaced my ugly vinyl Panther Black Shift Boot and the E-Brake cover as well as my hand brake handle with real leather ones. Now it looks super :cool: !

I thought that the option was not available through MINI but I phoned my parts department and it was! :D

Order Numbers for others for future reference is:

25 11 0 393 568 - Leather Panther Black Shift Boot
34 40 0 140 483 - Leather Panther Black E-Brake Cover with Leather Brake Handle

Please also note that with both these parts you receive them already glued to a new plastic ring (for the gearshift) and oval (for the handbrake) so there is no need to have to glue the leather into place again. I struggled to get my handbrake's plastic oval out and had to snap it to get it loose! So thank goodness that it came with a new part! :)

Ciao!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great to hear!

I ended-up not getting the leather parts as my dealer had a bit of trouble getting them and the timing didn't work with my delivery date. I am happy with the stock part, but would love to see pix of your new leather ones to re-convince myself that I should go for them!

Thanks and if you can, please show us some pix!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Hyper!

They do look great. And, a worry of mine was that they would be a different hue than our seats. It looks like they are the same from you pix.

Now I have to run out to our MCS and take another look at the standard issue and decide if I want reorder the leather.

Best,

Andro

·
Small + Car = Big Smiles
368 Posts
There is no question...

Just order them. You will not be sorry!! ;)

The whole driving experience is definitely enhanced (sounds like I am doing some cheesy commercial!! :D)... It is especially noticeable with the handbrake leaver that is now in leather. When you release it or pull it up, you can feel the quality!

Go for it!!! :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts