MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I have a 2003 Red Mini Cooper that I love and the leatherette on each side, where I rest my arms, is literally disintigrating. I am a female and weigh 110lbs, so is this a common problem with this fake leather? I have to have the whole car redone in leather, which I can't really afford, or let my beautiful car look nasty!
Any ideas?
thanks...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no...the driver seat, they're sport seats, where it curves out a little and the backs of your upperarms rest there.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Ah ... the bolsters on the seat backs ...

I have Leatherette seats in my 2002 MCS and they're fine, but I've only logged 30K miles in them and at 175 with wide shoulders I probably don't hit the bolsters where you do.

How many miles to you have on your car?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
pics

my mini has 50,000 and is in great condition except for that. i thought other people might have the problem...i'm bummed, was hoping so many people had the problem that mini chose to have a recall, no such luck huh?

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\2008_08_06

i'm not sure if i did this pic right, if not, tell how to post a few pictures.
thanks for talking to me.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
C:Documents and SettingsHP_AdministratorMy DocumentsMy Pictures2008_08_06

i'm not sure if i did this pic right, if not, tell how to post a few pictures.
thanks for talking to me.
You can attach images from your computer by clicking the
icon on Message Toolbar or Manage Attachments under Additional Options.

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Minidriver, I haven't heard of that problem before. Good luck with it, have you considered getting some neophrene seat covers? I had them for my Jeep, a good company can make them form fitting and they look very nice. As an added bonus, you could get them in red/black to better match your car. :nice:

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
Your MINI dealer can supply and fit a direct replacement for the seat backs (just the covers) and make them as good as new - no idea of how much that would cost but would solve your problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts