MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I alone in finding the footrest too far away to comfortably rest my left foot?
It seems I have to fully extent my leg to reach the f/rest and that it would be much better placed at around the reach of the clutch pedal.
I am considering fixing a block of wood ( covered in alloy of course) to the f/rest to bring it closer.
Anyone share this problem.
Anyone modified their f/rest?
Dr Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just find that it`s the wrong angle, it needs to be more upright, about the same as the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree Sirobbo the angle is wrong causing you to flex your ankle more than you should.
Minty of couse I have altered the seat pos. the footrest is angled to far away.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Right, I may be being a tad simple here, but if you like the angle and place of the clutch pedal so much, may I suggest perhaps resting your foot on the clutch pedal?

I personally find the foot rest to be in a great position, but each driver prefers to sit in a different way...

Do the automatic MINI's get a different foot rest?

Dom

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Dom said:
Right, I may be being a tad simple here, but if you like the angle and place of the clutch pedal so much, may I suggest perhaps resting your foot on the clutch pedal?...
What's that funny smell? It kind of smells like brake pads...... no that's not it - something else.... Hmmmmm.... Wait! I know what it smells like! Freshly burned clutch lining! :eek:

But why? :rolleyes:

:p

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
well there's resting your foot against the clutch pedal, and there's pushing against it. Last time I checked, I had to put a little bit of effort into making it move...

Then again, everyone has different driving positions, especially after you've let someone into the back seat!

Dom

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can't even reach it, never mind the angle!:( and if I put my seat any closer my nose will be against the windscreen!:(
Don't think it was thought out very well for little folks like myself (5ft tall!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have problems with any car i drive, i can never seem to get totally comfortable. My problem is long legs, short arms.

The problem i have with the foot rest is when coming off the rest to put the clutch down, the end of my foot rubs on the stering column.

does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?:confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
The foot rest for me is right, perfect for tapping along to music.

I do though catch the end of my shoe on the steering column and a fwe others on here have said the same, it seems to be one of those things to get used to on the car. Happens in some other types of cars as well (BMW 3 series for one!)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Theres is a solution

Don;t know how much a difference it will acctually make but the German tuning house Hamman makes an alloy foot rest plate... looks the business but is about £100.... they have matching pedals as well, the whole lot bundles for about £250... can't justify spending that but they look da bomb...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried a loan Cooper with standard seats today and was more comfortable with the footrest.
It would seem that with sports seats in the lower position the left thigh is raised causing you to bend the knee and ankle more to reach the footrest.
I still prefer the sp. seats for their lateral support but would love to drop the front of the seat down , say 10-15 mm.
Anyone know if this could be done , or even raise the rear of the seat the same ammount so that the sqab angle is flattened?

·
mini2 watcher
30 Posts
mike58 said:
I tried a loan Cooper with standard seats today and was more comfortable with the footrest.
It would seem that with sports seats in the lower position the left thigh is raised causing you to bend the knee and ankle more to reach the footrest.
I still prefer the sp. seats for their lateral support but would love to drop the front of the seat down , say 10-15 mm.
Anyone know if this could be done , or even raise the rear of the seat the same ammount so that the sqab angle is flattened?

You could try putting a couple of washers under the rear of the seat, where it bolts to the floor, did a similar thing to a customers car where i work, but it was the front. can only try it, may help :)

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Good suggestion Devilman, and I'm sure people still have the problem but do you realize you've replied to a thread from February of 2002? (Check the dates in the upper left of each post)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts