MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just called BMW in Bracknell and asked about the feature on watchdog and mentioned the forums and in particular voiced my concern over the issue of the windows/dorrs/sunroof opening of their own accord and it was mentioned that maybe the left hand drive cars might not have suffered this issue. Is there anybody out there that can confirm this?

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
apparently BMW have a list of chassis numbers that had the ECU affected by this fault. So perhaps they are right this time, there may have been no left hand drive cars in the affected batch?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi Garry and CMT

thanks for the information/link.Especially after what BMW/MINI in Bracknell said. Perhaps there are not many faults or that not many LHD's on the road yet. I hardly see them here in Amsterdam.

Mini confirmed 1 week and I can collect mine. I really would like to thank all the people posting here as it has given me lot's of information and made me laugh as well.

:D :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
It might be funny to see a bloke driving a MINI down the road at 85mph in the rain with the windows and sunroof opening and closing by themselves. But it isn't so funny when it's your car. Good luck with yours and hopefully you won't have any faults. Let us know if it tends to drift left as that seems to be the most common problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Stoutard,

I have my lhd MINI Cooper since october and, didn't have any problems with the windows and sunroof.

If you have seen a silver/black Cooper in Amsterdam/Haarlem, it might have been me.

Harald G

:D :D :D :D every day driving my Cooper

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi Harald G,

hopefully within 1 or 2 weeks ther will be a black/white one for you to flash your lights to, so you won´t feel alone.

thanks for the info.

Did you get yours from Mini Heemstede....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Stoutard,

Good to hear, that you get your MINI, I got
mine from MINI Amsterdam.

So far I didn't have any problems, besides
all the cheerful looks from other people.

One tip enjoy the 2000km in Germany full
speed.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will do. Planned to go either to Belgium or Maastricht first but Germany sounds like a good idea.....i'll let you know how it goes :D

We passed a black/white cooper this morning and I think he thought we were mad!:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi Harald G,

I hope it was not your Mini I saw in a crash yesterday...just passed Sloterdijk. It looked like a Silver/Black and it was about 1900/1930.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts